danrs, re: lawsuits

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I am also in california.. and plan on sending my demand later this month. I was wondernig which addresses did you use when? How did you get the papers served, through a process server or through certified mail via the court system? Is it also only $20 for you as well?

2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

actually, I just reread your post and saw where you found the person to serve. I was thinking about having the lawsuit served directly to the HQ naming the CEO with attention to the legal department.

I will post up the addresses that I compiled recently actually for all 3 CRA's..

3. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Ender,

Actually, I haven't yet had them served. I just sent out my demand letter yesterday.

I'm still somewhat unsure of exactly which address I'll have named as the defendant so to speak. Experian has an office in So Cal, but everything I have been doing has been through the Texas main office.

I know they have their registered agent right here in Los Angeles, at least that's the agent listed for the So Cal branch. I'm thinking I'll use the Texas one as the main address, but use the local agent for service here in LA to have the papers served. As long as they get it, they can decide where it goes I guess.

Maybe someone could help here? Is it okay to list the main office in Texas as the defendant, and have the registered agent in LA served? Under California law that is?

If you find anything different for Experian or TU than I did, post it here. I'm having trouble finding someone I'm sure is the registered agent for TU.

danrs

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

danrs,
    How does one find out who the registered agent is?

Mist

5. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

Here is a repost of what I posted a while back:

Hey folks! Here is corporate information which will help with legal issues. The "Statutory Agent" or "Registered Agent" is the entity to contact regarding lawsuits. Of course, there are many affiliate offices spread throughout the US.

Some other members have posted some local agent's info. These below are the main offices.

Equifax (go to this page and enter "equifax" to get records):

http://www.sos.state.ga.us/corporations/corpsearch.htm

KENT E. MAST
    1550 PEACHTREE ST NW
    ATLANTA, GEORGIA 30309

Experian:

http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C1992801

CT CORPORATION SYSTEM
    818 WEST SEVENTH ST
    LOS ANGELES, CA 90017

Transunion (Trans Union):

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/cgi-bin/business_services/corpone.s?ID=61494634&CTYPE=01

PRENTICE HALL CORPORATION
    33 NORTH LASALLE STREET
    CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60602-2607

Innovis (Affiliate of CBC Companies Inc.):

Innovis, Inc (C.C.A.)
    Data Management Services
    950 Threadneedle St. Suite 200
    Houston, TX 77079-2903
    (281) 504-2611
    (281) 504-2600

Agent (for CBC):

CSC-LAWYERS INCORPORATING SERVICE
    50 WEST BROAD STREET
    COLUMBUS, OHIO 43215

6. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

Or, you can always just call them up and tell them you want to sue their company.

Ask for the person's name you are talking to. Then, asl if you should name *them* as a Defendant. They will surely say NO!... and point you in the right direction!

SK

7. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I'm looking for the registered agent of Chase. So far all I've found is that Suzanne Hammet is (or was) the director of Credit Card Div. and that William J. McDavid is director of Legal Div. My secretary of state (NJ) homepage does not have a "corporations" link such as that of California. Can anyone help me here, please?

Thanks,
    Mist

8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

This is what I have so far:

1)
    Thomas Chapman, Chairman, CEO
    Equifax
    1550 Peachtree Street, NW, P.O. Box 4081
    Atlanta, GA 30309

2)
    Craig Smith, chief executive officer
    Experian
    North American Headquarters
    505 City Parkway West
    Orange, CA 92868
    714 385 7000

National Consumer Assistance Center
    PO Box 2002
    Allen, TX 75013
    Consumer Credit Questions

Experian
    601 Experian Parkway
    Allen, TX 75013

3)
    Harry Gambill, President
    TransUnion LLC
    555 W. Adams Street
    Chicago, IL 60661-3614

9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

My logic is that if you serve the CEO, it should be noticed immediately, and perhaps taken care of ASAP? What do you guys think?

10. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Ender,

I'm not sure. But, I know I saw it somewhere and can't locate it again, that service had to be done in California if we were suing in California? I'm going to go to the courthouse with both the Tx and the local Ca branch of Experian's address for defendant naming purposes, and if they'll let me name the main office in Texas as the defendant, then that's what I'll do. Regardless of who is named as the defendant, I'll have the Registered Agent in Los Angeles served:

CT Corporation System
    818 Seventh St
    LA, CA 90017

Trans Union is where I'm not sure what to do. The only thing I can find current or active for them in California is the following:

Trans Union Settlement Solutions Inc.
    555 West Adams St
    Chicago, IL 60661

Registered Agent
    The Prentice Hall Corp System Inc
    2730 Gateway Oaks Dr., Suite 100
    Sacramento, CA 95833

The registered agent fits the criteria, but I don't know about the address in Chicago. My report comes from TU in Orangethorpe CA. So I guess I'll name them as defendant.

Trans Union Settlement Solutions just doesn't sound right. Maybe that's a branch of TU? Collection agency or something?

danrs

11. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Hey Lizardking, where did you have your papers served to? I believe he only chose one to do local.. the others, he had it served at the HQ..