Date of Last Activity?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shirley, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

I'm curious about the Date of Last Activity which seems to be a very important date in one's credit file.

I retrieved all three of my reports online and only one report, Equifax has the actual wording: Last Activity.

One debt that appears on all three reports are as follows:

Equifax lists a Last Activity Date of 11/94.

Experian only lists: Date Opened, Reported Since, Date of Status, and Last Reported. All of which are listed as 11/99.

The TU version regarding the same debt says Balance Date 7/1/99.

Do the copies that one receives through the mail contain more info than the online versions?

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Shirley,

In my experience, the reports one gets online and the reports one gets via snail-mail are about 1 month apart. The snail-mail version is newer.

Also, I have found that Equifax's DOLA is pretty accurate when trying to figure out this vital date.

For example: I have a student loan on Equifax with a DOLA of 1/1998. I called yesterday and the student loan people say that the DOLA is 2/1998.

I hope this helps.

Erica

3. Shirley

Thanks Erica.

What I'm wondering is, how will TU and Experian let this debt fall off my report if there is on actual Date of Last Activity on their report.

Can my Equifax report be used to prove the DOLA if they don't remove it in December when it's supposed to come off?

Thanks

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Shirley,
    I don't think that Equifax's report can be used in this matter. However, you can dispute the items as obsolete with the other CRA's. Just quote the DOLA from Equifax, but don't say that it is from Equifax.

"According to my records, the date of last activity on account #Blah-Blah-Blah-Blah is 1/92. Therefore this item is now obsolete. Per the FCRA this item must be deleted from my Credit File."

Something like that should work.

Erica

5. Shirley

Thanks a bunch Erica!

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Confused

I am a little confused, I have some 3 cc cards that were charged off, One of them have been move on to a collection and it appears on my credit report. Is date of Activity the day it went over 90 days past due with the orginal creditor? Because those 3 accts went into the past due phase majorly around 9/98. But these cards show charged off in year of 99 on my credit reports. Which year do I use for SOL? I have kept all the old bills the orginal creditors sent me so I have a copy for my own use of each acct, (the monthly bill statements you get from the cc card company & the letters that say your acct is past due). Would I use these to dispute the SOL on my credit report when time? I am in Georgia now. So is my SOL 5 years or 7 years before falling off?

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Confused

Reporting times on your credit reports and SOL are 2 totally different things.

The 7 year clock for items appearing on your credit reports is 7 year and 180 days from the first time your account went delinquent.

The SOL is the time period in which a creditor can seek a judgement to collect their money, once the SOL runs out that can not legally collect the money. This sometimes does not stop them, they can bug you til the end of time to try to collect,however if they tried to seek a judgement you can tell the court the SOL has expired, therefore the judgement would be dismissed. And if they do continue to request payment you can send a Ceast and Desist letter as long as you KNOW the SOL has expired. But they can continually report this until the 7 year clock runs out.

8. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Re: Confused

ohh I get it finally,

Thanks

Momof3