Debit cards and car rentals

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newstdt, Oct 19, 2001.

1. anna

anna Well-Known Member

If you lived in the sticks like I do, you wouldn't have to worry about credit cars to rent cars. My daughter was recently in an accident, and although it was not her fault, I worried about getting a rental for her since the at-fault's insurance had sent a check to me covering repairs and rentals. Went to the local Enterprise franchise, wrote a check for the expected 3 days she'd need it, and we were on our way! They had even made a 100 mile trek the night before to get her a sporty car,after listening to her whine the day before on the phone about the embarassment of being seen driving a Buick. Also, other rental joints had told me they could not let her rent OR drive one of their cars, because she's under 21. Let's see, she's 20 years old, has been paying for her car for 3 years, pays the insurance, has to drive to work to pay these things, someone hits her,but they won't rent her a car. I know under-21 drivers are more of a risk, but they need to get to work,too!
    Anyway, I highly recommend Enterprise. They'll treat you right.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

LOL dog. Isn't Mom funny? She would be sooooo ticked if she knew I posted this stuff about her.

3. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

LESSON TIME!!

Sign up to all the vendor's preferred or express rental programs. List your debit ard as your CC.
    TAH DAH!!! You never end up going to the counter and having to fool with anyone to determine if you truly have a Visa or MC.

Avis Preferred
    Budget fastbreak
    Hertz #1
    National Emerald Aisle
    Alamo Quicksilver

Also Alamo allows usage of debit cards and they do not "block" amounts on your card!

Where in the he!! was I when all of this was going on? Well, I hope this helps you all!!

P.S. check with your corporate travel department and see if they have some free coupons also. Our company usually keeps tons!