Debt bought by CA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newbie, Apr 26, 2001.

1. newbie

newbie Guest

If a collection agency claims that they bought a debt, can the original creditor of the debt keep reporting? I thought technically, only one listing can be made from one account? I just received a call today for an AU account that got screwed up under my name. They're (CA) already calling me and I haven't gotten the initial letter that CA's usually send out to notify that you have 30 days to dispute, etc. Please help!

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

First of all, I don't believe the real lizardking posted the other answer you got to your post. Looks like an imposter to me. I can't believe the true lizardking would have said anything like that. If I'm wrong, so be it.

If a collection agency claims that they bought a debt, can the original creditor of the debt keep reporting?
    Yes.

They're (CA) already calling me and I haven't gotten the initial letter that CA's usually send out to notify that you have 30 days to dispute, etc.

Tell them to put it it writing and send it to you and hang up on them. Every time they call, do the same.
    Please help

Keep us posted so we can. Sounds like this ought to be an easy one.

Bill Bauer
    bbauer1@netzero.net

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I thought this new board would eliminate imposters. Also, look at the address Bill......looks like the real one to me.

roni

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Whatever!
    I've been wrong before
    I was going more by the wording than anything else.

Bill Bauer
    bbauer1@netzero.net