Debt Consolidation??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by barb, Dec 14, 2000.

1. barb

barb Guest

I wanted to know if anyone knows of a good debt consolidation service? Not a loan, a service. please let me know! Thanks

2. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

I know of one NOT to go with...Federal Debt Consolidation Services (www.federaldebtservice.com) located in Florida.

I went with them for debt consolidation services and they messed everything up. They were very rude and unwilling to take the blame for their mistakes.

Good luck finding one...they are either non profit organizations (they mainly give you information to do it yourself) or go with some crook company, like I did.

I just went through the process of getting approved for a loan and my mortgage lender said most of them do more harm to your credit than help you. Just a thought. You are better off working with your creditors yourself.

Elizabeth

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

My aunt and uncle used CCCS, Consumer Credit Counseling Services, I think. They got out of debt thru them.

4. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

CCCS is as bad on your report as BK. Read this and other similar archives first!

-Alwilda Smith

5. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Actually, I don't think that the credit bureaus report credit counseling any more. I'm open to being corrected, here, but I haven't seen it in a long time (and I see thousands of credit reports a year.)