debts are paid but crecit still bad

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by alanet, Jul 22, 2001.

1. alanet

alanet New Member

everything is paid for, all my debts are done, but now what do I do ? I can't get credit cards, and my rating sucks bigtime. How do I improve my credit after paying off everyone ?

Thanks

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SINCE YOU DIDN'T GET IT IN WRITING UP FRONT...they don't have to...but send each one a letter ASKING them to report as PAID IN FULL/NEVER LATE "ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CONSUMER"...

You have NOTHING to lose...

3. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Apply for a secured card.

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

And now you know why I tell people never to pay them a crying dime! You are proof that I am right in saying that.

The way to go is to make them eat the debt themselves and then make them wipe out your bad credit for you.

With both the debt and the bad credit gone, your credit is clean and no more bill collectors hounding you to death either. Better than bankruptcy by far, and the end results are far better too.

On top of that, you don't have to waste a ton of time trying to spam the credit bureaus and lie to them to get your credit cleaned up.

Oh well, we live and learn the hard way, I guess.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Right! you are penalized more for paying your bills than you are for declaring bankruptcy! Get a secured card, and start disputing!!

breeze

6. alanet

alanet New Member

So I should get a secured credit card, and how should I make my spending habits ? I shouldn't pay off immediatly right ? Just charge a few hundred dollars and then make the payments ?
    Any other ideas ? I can't even get a corporate card at work !! I feel like a shmuck.

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I would try Providian or Capital One, they are likely to give you a card. Depending on your limit, use the card a lot. Carry a balance some of the time, or a small balance all the time - your decision, but paying it all off every month won't get your credit line increased like carrying a small balance some of the time.

breeze

8. alanet

alanet New Member

Are there cards out there that will not make me pay them 60+ dollars to just have the card ?

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

probably not. Until you clean up your file and get a decent score, you're stuck in subprime hell :(