Decent for decent mortgage broker

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I have been looking for a decent (honest) mortgage broker in Virginia (Northern or Central, doesn't matter). I have interviewed four already and am not impressed. They see a 23 year old girl and you can see the dollar signs in their eyes. Thanks.

Dani

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Looking for decent mortgage broker

"Re: Decent for decent mortgage broker"

Sorry, I'm having an off day. Gotta love Mondays.

Dani

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Looking for decent mortgage broker

Dani my lender did loans in VA and he was VERY nice, he office personal was a little off but all and all I got a great deal, also the broker I recommended to Nana does loan in VA. Just let me know if you want their numbers and if you have any other questions.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MAYBE THEY SEE A PRETTY GIRL...NOT $$$$

:)

They can't get more than their cut of the 7%...My real estate agent took care of everything...
    (MAYBE THAT IS WRONG...BUT IT SAVED US A LOT OF TIME)...THE CLOCK WAS TICKING...RENT GOING UP ~$100/MONTH...

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Hi Mom and George. How is everything going? Hope you're enjoying the new home, Mom? A late congrats. I would love the numbers for the mortgage brokers that Nana and you used. Thank you.
    George, love reading your updates on Nextcard. Isn't there someone higher up who can be reached? I sent my letter to Mr. Brown at Discover this weekend. Maybe they will give me a whole $50 dollars or so. I doubt it though.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Dani

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dani. I used a man by the name of Jim Martin, his office is in Chesapeake Va, I am pretty far from there but we did everything through the mail and online, his phone number is 1800-480-7704, email jmartin@gte.net and the mortgage site is www.virginiahomeloan.com. Just tell him Annmarie from Va sent you.

I referred Nana to Don Semler, he is located in Ohio, but does loans in various states including VA. His website is www.metloans.com, I am sure Nana can give his email I misplaced it.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hi, Dani...Don (who I do recommend) is at don@aimloans.com. He has 2 website connections..one Mom gave you and also www.aimloans.com!

Good luck!

8. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thank you both. :)

Dani

9. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Did either of these brokers offer to review your credit reports and financial posture PRIOR to actually making a hard inquiry? I am planning to go for pre-qualification in August, and want to get my stuff reviewed. I need a perspective on how things look (though I have a 688 FICO with Experian, I am still worried about the others).

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yes, Don did do that!