DECLINED

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Feb 28, 2001.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I just applied for the Nextcard and was declined! =0(
    Reasons were delinquent acct (that stupid charge off!), balance to limit too high (or something like that), insufficient history.
    That totally sucks!! Thay even offer a secured product and I wasn't even approved for that!!!
    My credit history:
    Providian Gold $500 11/00
    Aria Persona $250 12/00
    Cap One Secured $200 01/01

Paid collections on Equifax
    Charge off $507 4/99

Dang! I guess my credit is too new and that charge off is really screwing things over! Oh well. I knew I shouldn't have applied.

2. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

sorry, I hope that you get approved soon. Try again in another 6 months. My dh just got declined for a capital one secured card so his credit must be truly awful but he just had a bankruptcy discharge in January but they didn't list that as a reason. They said no sufficient positive credit in history file, past delinquent accounts etc.

3. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Don't be upset. Aria has better online bill payment and website than Nextcard.

The card sucks, but I like that I have my sons picture on the card. I'll probably close it in a year unless they offer me something better

4. mvfl

mvfl Guest

They denied me too a few months ago :(

5. S.D.

S.D. Guest

The only thing is I don't have access to Aria online, because you can only register one card from Providian for online access and I currently have my Prov Gold registered. I don't really need the Nextcard visa, but I was trying to be good about my inquiries.

I guess I have the line increases to look forward to from Providian. I'm up for review in March, I think.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

yah i've been declined several times by them. i could care less, at this point. no more credit cards for 2.3 years for me! hard!

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Of course you got declined. this is a prime card and your credit history is too new. I think
    you have to wait non less than 10 months before to apply for this card again.

Btw I have been declined for this card also twice.

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I've been denied twice also. As far as I'm concerned they can keep their stinking card. When my scores rise a little more and they send me a pre-approved offer wanting my business, they will get it back in pieces with a little something extra a la mom.

9. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I just closed my NextCard account after a year with them. They were my first credit card (new to credit).

I started with a $700 limit; closed with a $300 limit. My credit scores are in the mid-700's (729).

Since I have no derogs, I could get much better credit products at this point: for example, Juniper plat with $17.5K limit, and Platinum Citi with more than a generous limit.

The reps are plain bitches, and I would NEVER recommend NextCard to anyone...

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HOW CAN YOU START WITH $700 end with $300???

11. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

I HAVE NEXTCARD

I have had NextCard for about one year. I got approved right away with a 5000 limit (transferred over 3600 right away with ease) and they have always been very nice to work with. Dave, I don't know why you had trouble, but it's not fair to generalize.

I started with an APR of 15.49% and called 3 months later, asked for a lower rate and immediately got 12.9% fixed. I think some may have the impression that this is a sub-prime card that's easy to get. I think that's wrong. It's a valid card that has the same requirements that most cards have in order to get approved.

Just another opinion,

Judy

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: I HAVE NEXTCARD

Dave says he's had trouble with customer service and wouldn't recommend them. You say it's unfair to generalize. You say they've always been very nice to work with. I say it's not right for you to generalize. He had a problem you didn't.

13. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

LKH:

Is everything ok? You seen agitated lately. I'm sure stupid Bobby isn't helping. If you want to talk let me know.
    Dave and Judy thanks for your views on NextCard. It's always good to hear the nice and not so nice things about credit card companies to be able to make an informed decision.

Dani

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Almost the same thing happened to me about two years ago when I had a couple of charge-off accounts. Some collection agencies reported me I owe them 10k and a couple of the others. The reasons are high balances on the charge-off accounts and debt to income ratio is too high. After six months, I re-applied again, they approved me $1000. Now all my charge-off accounts came off the credit reports and they give $9800 and 9.9 % fixed APR. I think you should try to apply again in about six months to a year. NextCard pull your credit reports from both TransUnion and Experian.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I think yor collection accounts reported not only Equifax or Experian or both. Usually the collection agencies reported all three and I think you should check them also.

16. S.D.

S.D. Guest

No, it only shows on my Equifax, thank God. That's two less battles with the CRA's.

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Lucky,they don't report to the other three. I think your credit history is too new to rate and may be I sound like scoring system. You should have accounts at least 12 months to count as a credit references. I heard NextCard is famous for approving their credit. It took me two times to get the NextCard and initially they approved for $1000 and 19.8% when I had a couple of charge-off accounts.