deleted addresses from cras

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zip, Dec 5, 2000.

1. zip

zip Well-Known Member

did i just read somewhere here that if a cra deletes an address that was used for a collection or judgement its grounds to delete them from you credit report? they just deleted an address that was used for 2 of my collections that are now paid off as well as my judgement

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: deleted addresses from cra

Someome mentioned that before, but I DON'T Believe that this would be an automatic deletion for either if you disputed, that just seems too darn easy.

Only my opinion, I could be wrong:)

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

worked for me, equifax. try it, no loss to try it.

if the collection place doesnt have your ssn on file, then they have no basis for the collection based upon name and street address, if the street address is gone, theres just a name to go on :)

4. Spcialt

Spcialt Guest

Hi,

I've been a lurker for awhile, but I wanted to respond to this post.

I've had a lot of success with my deletions and I know its because I had my previous addresses removed from my reports. It was really simple - just a phone call to the bureaus. They deleted my previous addresses and then once I received the fresh report, I filed my disputes.

Regards,

T

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

zip.

Yes, this was discussed last week I believe. Dan Degraff from another message board suggested this credit repair technique, get the address off your file and the creditor has a harder time verifying. And like Sam said before, it works really when creditor doesnot have your SS#. I would try it, I plan to try it soon.

roni.

6. skip

skip Guest

How bout this

Trans Union told me they keep info for 6 months b4 placing it in archives. My question is even though an address is deleted from your report does it still appear on their data base when reviewing a deletion request?