Deleted EQ - BK credit account!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I continue to have a public record of my Chap 7 BK showing on my Equifax report. Along with 2 BK discharged credit card accounts.

Last month, there were 3 BK discharged accounts. One of the 3 was challenged by me in October and deleted.

Equifax is my worst report. Next month I will do a "Scorepower" credit check to obtain my credit score. The score should be interesting.

12 months ago - I hired Junum to dispute my credit report. At the time, I had 6 BK related discharged credit acounts and a foreclosure along wiht the public record of my BK.

Junum removed 3 BK related credit card accounts and the foreclosure.

I have 30 positive accounts on my EQ report.

Time heals - along with aggressive credit restoration.

Now we enter the holiday season. More disputing.

Jim

2. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

On what grounds did you dispute the BK with the CRA?

3. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Jim, congrats on the deletions.

Keep up the disputing with them. This week I finally had my '93 Chapter 7 b/k reference deleted from my Equifax report. I had been disputing that entry for at least 6 years without luck. It's about time.

Oddly, though, my score did not change; in fact, due to two new inquiries occurring around the time of the b/k deletion, my score actually went down by 12 points. Go figure. This whole scoring system is bullsh*t, a frickin' scam, in my opinion.

Good luck!

-chriscraft

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Good job Jim. Surprisingly, or maybe not, since I cancelled Junum, I have pretty much cleaned up TU and Equifax. TU only has a couple of 6 year old public records and that stupid cancelled bk 13. Equifax has 1 public record, 1 $65 collection that was paid to the creditor 3 years ago, but the ca refuses to update or delete. A validation letter is in their future, and I didn't need miss cleo to tell me. I have 0 negative accounts on TU and 1 on Equifax. Experian we all know about and hopefully in the next month or so can have that cleared up.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

You are more rite than you think you are!

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks for responding guys!

I disputed the account as not mine. The credit card company had done something strange. The account was listed as Discharged but also had a notation saying that "this account has been sold". Junum twice disputed on my behalf and each time the account came back verified.

So what does this mean?? - That I have no idea why the account was deleted. Did the credit card company just not respond to the dispute? Or did the "sold" notation make the difference? Or did EQ really even contact the crdit card company?

Anyway it is gone 4 years early.

Chriscraft - Congrats on the BK deletion.

LKH - I am hoping you are victorious against EX!! Your thread "This board is being watched" is now the stuff of legends. LOL

Jim