Deleted via phone..WOW

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Mar 9, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Tried disputing 2 late pay listings and a judgement. The lady said she would delete them. Is this hogwash or a possibility. She said new reports would be sent within 30 days.

Should I call back to confirm or wait and see?

This was Experian by the way.

KL

2. Alwilda

Alwilda Guest

It's a goner! Congrats.

-Alwilda

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Was it really that simple??? She just took your word for it or did I miss something here?

4. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

no 30 investigation at all? It seems odd

5. geekpipe

yea she said she would take care of them. Then she said at one point delete. I am really honestly confused. Should I call and get someone else and confirm it or not rock the boat?

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I would not call back.

But be prepared for disappointment. This was too easy!!!

7. Saar

Saar Banned

No need to speculate. Just pull an online report.

How old were the disputed blemishes, BTW?

Saar

8. geekpipe

is it instant deletes? For some reason experian wants only to mail me the report..no online display.

9. Saar

Saar Banned

10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I disputed a couple addresses that way and the lady deleted them for me and mailed me updated reports. Those were just addresses though...

I'm guessing your negatives were very old? Do you live in New York?

11. geekpipe

yes i live in NY. The items were not old. The 30 day was in reference to how long it might take to get my reports mailed since there was a change now.

12. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

hmmm, interesting. I mentioned NY because I've heard negative things can only stay for 5 years for New Yorkers...

13. miles

miles Well-Known Member

She probably did delete them. Sometimes it just depends on the rep you get or whether they
    are in a good mood and like talking to you. I would wait until the reports arrive before calling
    back. If you call back before, you may get a rep who could stop the deletion process. Just
    my thoughts. BTW, congrats and good luck!

14. river

river Well-Known Member

WOW...U could be that ONE IN A

MILLION that got lucky. I do believe that nobody is perfect at all times.Sometimes we just don't realize what we are doing at times and that may be the case with this particular rep today.She could have hit the "delete" button before she realized what she did and didn't/doesn't want to go thru trouble of converting back.Just never know.

15. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Erik: The NY Rule

Erik,
    Only judgements and charge-offs/collections can stay for 5 years.

Just to clarify.

Erica

16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Re: Erik: The NY Rule

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

17. racinut88

racinut88 Well-Known Member

Could you tell us what was said to get this done. Give us a good idea so others can do it. Please !!!!!!

18. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

As far as deletions in New York, I believe that it is PAID judgements, charge-offs, and collections that get deleted after 5 years. They will remain for seven if they are unpaid.

19. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

hmmm, interesting. I mentioned NY because I've heard negative things can only stay for 5 years for New Yorkers...

Reply To Message ====5 is to long-It should be changed to 3 nationally
    Re: Deleted via phone..WOW