Deleting finance Co. accounts??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by durango444, Aug 6, 2001.

1. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever deleted a paid good standing finance company account. My score analysis from all three bureaus says that just having these on your credit history is a negative. Even if they were all paid on time and paid off. Is it possible to have these deleted? It is not fair to penalize me for having these accounts, paying on time, and paying them off. Heck, if I was a creditor I would want to have as a customer a dodo like me who pays 25-29% on time all the time.

2. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm in the same boat.

I took out a revolving line of credit with a finance company back in June to pay off about 10 other accounts. Belive it or not, it did help my score somewhat. My debt load is the same, but the fact that I have some many good accounts with zero balance looks good.

I do however think that my score would be much higher if I have used a traditional bank or savings & loan instead of a finance company. Unfortunately, because of my credit at the time, that wasn't an option. Talk about your catch 22.

Anyway, the best I can do now, is make this thing work for me. Which means accelerating the payments, so it can be paid off sooner, and not taking on too much more debt in the process.

After this is completed, my score should really take a big jump and I should be able to be approved for more traditional financing.

3. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

One of the first things I did when I started credit repair was to dispute an old ITT finance account as not mine. The account was always paid as agreed but I felt it was a negative because it was a finance company. It was deleted without any problem.