Deleting Joint Accounts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by OtherTerri, Jul 14, 2001.

1. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I am wondering if I can get items deleted from either my account or my husbands, then calling the cra and asking to have it removed from the spouses report. Has anyone done this, or does anyone know if it is possible?

Thanks,
    Terri

2. FooBar

FooBar Member

Experian continues to refuse to remove an "authorized user" account from my report on a card I haven't been an authorized user on for years. On the report it shows as an open account with a balance and everything, and they won't delete it even though it has nothing to do with me.

Equifax removed it with no trouble. Still waiting to hear from Trans Union.

If you're both still on the account and it's open, they probably won't delete it from your reports.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

When we got married, I just added my wife to all my accounts as a "JOINT" CARDHOLDER...then we wanted to get her some of her own credit in her name only...

I HAD TO GO THROUGH THE HASSLE OF CLOSING SOME OF THE JOINT ACCOUNTS AND RE-APPLYING IN HER NAME ONLY!!!

Since I had such a hard time with this...I would recommend anybody getting married only add him/her if needed...(she only had a checking account and a savings account...no other credit)...

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES ANSWER TO NO ONE...they do what they want...

There is NO law that says you CAN'T remove a JOINT account from your credit report...THEY JUST CHOOSE TO NOT DO IT!!!

5. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

thanks.

Terri