deleting negative info

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Mar 2, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

hi,
    I have an aria card and wondered if there anyone ever tried writing to the company explaining why they were late paying their bill in hopes of removing some of the negative info. There were a couple of months I missed the due date. They noted 30 & 60 day lates to the credit agencies. WOuld anyone think they would even read a letter to them explaining the late payments? They sure made some nice money off of me. I bet they would love to keep me as a customer since I gave them alot in interest and late fees. Am i crazy to send anything?

thanks
    kevin

2. Manny

Manny Guest

Hi Kevin,

I was able to get Firestone (CFNA)and Syms (Monogram Bank)to delete late pays. I basically wrote to them and explained my situation and added that I had paid these accounts off with no special consideration (interest reduction or late fees waived).

Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.

Manny

3. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Neither the credit card companies nor the Credit Bureaus nor future creditors care much why you were late. It only matters that you were. Why waste time and postage explaining that your Aunt Katy's pet canary died and you had to help pay the funeral expenses or that you were out mudwrestling alligators while treading water in the swamp and ended up in the hospital as a result. The point of the humor (????) is that they don't care what your excuse is and writing a letter of explanation simply verifies the fact that you were late. Once you have self verified the late payments, just try to get the late pays removed. Fat chance.

Bill Bauer