deletions and credit score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LUISEMILY, Nov 19, 2001.

1. LUISEMILY

LUISEMILY New Member

I posted a mesage about month ago about how to get paid charge offs off credit reports well i will have you know i was quite successful.

equifax 8 items were disputed 7 were deleted and one verified ? mont wards out of buisness but that due to come off 11/2001. score actually went down
    579 to 564

experian 6 negative disputed 4 2were deleted
    2 still pending credit trust now nco sent validation letter 2 with late pays were changed score 525
    17 positives with 4 negatives

now scores are saying i have to new of credit , to high installment loans all paying on time one is a auto loan 2 are personal loans from creit union with good paying history . they were the only people to extend credit what is a person to do.

it seems to me you can't win our credit reports look good but our scores stink any suggestions and by the way a persons credit score does not change when you are disputing items just a fyi who will give us credit with scores like that.does any one look at the credit reports anymore

thanks everyone for all your advice

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Scores DO go up when disputing. When I was in dispute mode, I disputed 5 items on equifax and my score went up 61 points while in dispute. 3 were deleted, 2 verified, and my score went back down 30 points.

3. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

I still don't get the whole scoring crap, I guess nobody does. I had a charge off, repo and a collection taken off leaving only 1 negative and 1 inquiry in 6 months and my score went DOWN 61 point.

4. raiderpam

raiderpam Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me!!

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

How would you like to pay $30,000 in one month and LOSE points???

F.I.C.O. IS A RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR!!!

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I do: It's a rigged shell game!

7. beary

beary Well-Known Member

As a point of reference for another active discussion on this board right now, exactly how did you get the repo removed?