Deletions from Equifax????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Jun 24, 2001.

1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Hello everyone.....

I have my online CR from Equifax dated 6/4/2001. There are 6 collections on it. I recently disputed 3 of them both online and via certified mail and I talked with the creditor of the 4th last night and explained that the account wasn't mine. The creditor didn't say anything about deletions though.

NOW, I just went online to dispute the remaining 2 collections and found something odd. Only the remaining 2 of the original 6 collections show up in the dispute list!

Does this mean that the others have been removed? I would assume that if the collections were still on my report, I would have the option to dispute them.

Do you think the 4 collections were deleted?

Tom

2. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Hi Tom

Hold off and wait for your updated credit report from Equifax..then go from there. It sounds to me that they have been deleted. GREAT for you if they have...!! Keep us posted!!

MartysGirl

3. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

If you have already initiated an investigation on accounts online, they will not show up in the category to be disputed again until after the investigation has concluded. Use the Confirmation Number you received after the first investigation.

Mike G.

4. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Actually, that's not how it seems because I also disputed a credit card that belonged to my dad online and it still appears on the list when I select investigation.

Tom