Dell - Approval

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by $wealth$, Oct 4, 2001.

1. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

I was thinking about getting a new computer. Upon visiting the Dell website, I applied for their payment plan. Wow, approved for a purchase up to $ 5,000.

Funny thing is, I can't seem to get a prime card with that kind of limit. WTF

2. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

Congrats $Wealth$ --

I also got approved for $5K (their standard) with an approx 660 fico. I was approved and ordered on 9/23 - order won't ship until 10/10!

Enjoy...

3. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Thanks - The only thing is I'm not exactly sure how I want my desktop to be configured. I only know how the use the darn thing, not put it together. Hehe.

Anyway, as I stated earlier, I can't seem to get a prime card. Any thoughts on prime lender that has the same credit criteria as Dell?

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Dell actually approved you through their associate finance company, which they call Dell Financial Services, or American Financial Services.

My BF applied 3 months ago to take advantage of the "90 days same as cash" offer. He paid it off within days of the due date, so he never paid any interest. Basically used Dell's money for free (as we had planned!)

Did you get the 90-day deal? It reports to 2 of the 3 CRA's (off-hand, can't recall which ones) and pretty quickly, too. Don't know the effect of it being paid off and closed so quickly as he just closed it about 2-3 weeks ago.

5. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

I didn't qualify for the 90-day deal, but I ain't complaining...

I also got an Associates card, $1500 limit @ Prime +10.99. I didn't get instant online approval, so I thought I was declined...

6. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I was also accepted for 5k at 16.99% but i changed my mind and they said it would take a bit to ship computer..Welll it shipped 3 days later..I refused package...Thinking of paying credit card debt and look for a home now..

7. anna

anna Well-Known Member

A funny story- Ordered a Dell system on-line- the next day we changed our mind-E-mailed a cancellation-got a cancellation confirmation e-mail.Came home the next day,and there was a notice from Fed-ex to sign for a package they would bring back tomorrow. So I signed it,thinking it was something else I was expecting. Came home the following day,and see a big Dell box on my porch. It was the monitor only.So I called immediatly and was basically told not to bother them,to call a toll-free number they gave me. I tried,but couldn't get through,and after several attempts,decided to let THEM contact ME. This was 7 months ago,and I'm about ready to take my brand new monitor out of the box and fire it up!
    anna

8. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

Congrats $wealth$! I was also approved for financing at Dell online on a $1200 system on Sunday--monthly payments @ 16.99% (yuk). We have 4 years to pay it off at $34/mo. but my fiance and I will pay $100/mo. and pay it off in a year. Can't wait till it ships later this month!

Enjoy your new computer! :)