Denied AAdvantage with 747 FICO?!?!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Rain, Aug 10, 2001.

1. frankowes

frankowes Well-Known Member

George, why do you need more credit. Is this a hobby with you?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WANTED CITIBANK...because low 600's can get it...BUT 685-698 & (wife) 741 CAN'T???

1.90% or 2.90% for 9-18 months...

A PRIME CARD THAT WON'T ACCEPT THE "HIGHER" END OF PRIME CUSTOMERS???

Would AMEX do this?

3. frankowes

frankowes Well-Known Member

Hello George,

you need to take a break

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

BTW:....I didnt mean for that to have a snotty town. when re reading it it sounded kind of out of line which wasnt intentional.

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Rain and George, the ONLY reasons you guys are being denied is you have more than 100K in credit lines. It's not your scores, not your balances, and not your length of established history. With over 100K in credit lines banks are terrified that you will go crazy run up every card you have and move to Bora Bora. Companies can write off $1000-5000 worth of debt, but 100K (it seriously hurts them). It is unfair because from what I have read both of you have exceptional credit histories and I highly doubt either of you with run off to some remote island somewhere, but the banks look at it as a very big risk. Just my .02 cents.

Dani

6. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

George, YOU'RE INTERESTING.

Are you carrying a lot of debt, SO YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO THE CHURNING of constantly moving from one TEASER RATE TO ANOTHER?

OR IS IT sport?

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

No offense taken, sweetie. :)

My beacon score is only 651 BTW - paid tax liens.

breeze

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF I HAVEN'T EVER MAXED EVERYTHING OUT...since 1978...WHY would I do it today.
    Just like my JC PENNEYS card I had, once had a credit line of $30,000 due to a computer malfunction...I just told them to put it back to $5,000.
    How could anybody spend $5,000 at JC PENNEYS, or $30,000?

I have MAXED OUT individual cards to "EXERCISE" them...
    MAX OUT, PAY IN FULL...

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

well maybe Citi's system isnt sophisicated enough to notice that you max them and then pay them. Maybe they only see that you have high balances.

10. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Then WHY ARE YOU obsessed WITH the rate?

11. the other

the other Well-Known Member

When you go shopping for something, don't you usually try to buy the best that you can afford?

In my opinion, this is similar. With a high score, we should be qualified for the best, but these companies aren't giving us the best.

Even though I don't max my cards out, I still have about 35k worth of revolving debt (mostly from school tuition), so I am obsessed with the rate because I want to pay as little interest as possible while I am paying off the debt.

12. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

While we're WAITING FOR GEORGE'S answer, I'll respond that it would appear that he doesn't pay interest because he pays them off BEFORE THE DUE DATE.

I'll defer to the membership: THAT'S HOW IT WORKS, right?

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I DO PAY INTEREST...BUT IT MUST BE 9.99% OR LESS.
    1.90% or 2.90% like on CITIBANK would be better.

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think he's like you Greg, with the score - he wants to get it because it's there. Heck, don't we all?

breeze

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

ditto!

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SOME PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AN INTEREST RATE OF 15%...I don't have to...
    9.99% is high enough...(others on this board use the same maximum).

I am working on getting 8.90% as my MAXIMUM...

****IT IS JUST LIKE I PAY $2.00 FOR A 12.25 OZ BAG OF LAYS POTATO
    CHIPS @ WAL*MART...SHOULD I TELL THEM TO CHARGE ME $2.99 ? ****