Denied by chase-should I??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Dec 24, 2000.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I was denied by Chase in early December. They used Trans Union, which now has 2 negative items with paid collection dates as of 6/95 and 6/98 . I am trying to get these two items removed within the next six months. Has anyone had something removed and then had the CRA send the creditor an updated copy. You know how you can have a new copy sent to a creditor that you were denied in the last 6 months and for employer within the last 2 years? And if I only get one item removed should I still have them send it to Chase? Please give your opinion. Does Chase over ride denials?? Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Was this the reason the denied you?? If yes then if you only got one removed they may still deny you??? But if you get both removed then I would definetly get them to send an updated report to chase.

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Yes, the reason was a charge off and/or collection. At the time I did have one charge off (it was removed about a week later) and then I had the two collections left.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

I'd retry with Chase 6 months after previous application. This would also allow you 2 more dispute cycles.

Off topic, Molly: Have you tried to get a Centurion Bank account manager to approve you for a Green, now that you're an Amex employee?

Saar

5. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

RE: AMEX Employee???

Molly, what do you do for AMEX???? =)

6. molly

molly Well-Known Member

RE: AMEX Employee???

I work for an american express financial advisor. It's different than what you would think. I have only worked there for 1 month.

7. molly

molly Well-Known Member

If you have them send another report does that count as an inquiry? I don't want another inquiry.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF YOU REQUEST CREDIT REPORT, IT IS A "SOFT" INQUIRY...IF A CREDIT CARD COMPANY REQUESTS A CREDIT REPORT, IT IS A "HARD" INQUIRY.

Only "hard" inquiries are held against you.

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I did this with Citibank. They told me to fax my updated copy (after corrections) to their credit dep't. I would sugget you call Chase and ask how long they will keep your application open, and if the errors are removed if you can send them the update. They will probably hold it for 60-90 days like citi did. Good luck.