denied by citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Oct 20, 2000.

1. peeper

peeper Guest

Received the denial letter today took about a week oh well chin up unward and upward.

2. Killer

Killer Guest

Well I had hope that I wouldn't be saying this but....sniff...sniff...I was denied too. I received my letter yesterday. I also called and the rep told me that if my 2 collection accounts had been been resolved I would have been approved. She encouraged me to resolve them and send proof. One account will be paid off next month but the other will not no time soon. The funny thing is this: Everyone I told (family/friends) has been approved! So back to the drawing board to crack into the prime world.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Just curious.....

How come the other collection will not be paid any time soon? How much is if for and what's it regarding?????

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I wonder what they could do if you sent in a different credit report than the one they pulled. Not all credit reports contain the same information.

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I was denied due to a chapter 13 BK that shows up on my Experian report that I didn't go thru with. I had it removed from my Equifax and am disputing it with Experian. I called c.s. at citibank and explained the situation. They said I would be approved if I sent an updated copy of my Experian report within 90 days showing removal. I asked about using my Equifax report and they said it must be Experian.

6. Doris K.

Hopefully, Experian will respond to your dispute in a timely manner, so you can still be approved. Don't be surprised if they don't drag out the process for what will seem to be forever.

As I figured, my daughter, who reads the posts on this board daily, applied for the Citibank AAdvantage card too and was declined. In her case, they pulled TransUnion which is the only report that still includes derogatory information about her. So far, we have had no success in having a negative line removed from a 1995 collection account which does not belong to her. It is the only reason Citibank included in their denial letter.

I figured they would decline her based upon a huge number of recent inquiries and 16 accounts opened within the past year; however, they didn't mention them in their letter.

From what most of us have seen, the CRA reports most creditors pull varies by state. I think I've seen all three CRAs represented in the declined posts. Citibank applicants from Texas will probably have their TransUnion reports pulled while applicants from your state can expect them to pull Experian. So, before applying, Texas applicants should consider the condition of their TransUnion reports to avoid a wasted inquiry.

Are there any other declined applicants from other states who wish to be represented? Which CRA did they pull reports from?

7. Killer

Killer Guest

Doris,

I live in Texas and they pulled EQUIFAX.

8. Doris K.

Okay! So much for that theory! LOL

9. Killer

Killer Guest

MP$40,

The other collection account has a large balance. My plans are to negotiate a settlement probably in early 2001. Currently I am not able to do so. I do not want to set up a payment plan since it wouldn't be reflected on CR until paid in full.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Doris,
    I lived in NYC at the time I applied. They pulled Transunion. I have 5 paid collections on my transunion report. These were all student loans. Transunion is the only report without my settled Discover account. The paid student loan collections were from 1999. That is not 2 years ago. If your daughters pays the account she will probably get it. That is if she really wants a new tradeline.

11. Gina

Gina Guest

I also live in Texas and they pulled Experian, so it seems that they may pull from all three at random.

12. Doris K.

It's not uncommon for a bank to rotate CRAs, but I'm convinced that Citibank uses some sort of formula in choosing which report to pull. Perhaps it depends on the area in Texas.

In looking at my daughter's credit reports which I have on my desk, she has applied five times to Citibank. The latest Citibank inquiry dates back to December of 1999. All of them appear on her TransUnion report, and there are no Citibank inquiries on her Experian or CSC/Equifax reports. It looks to be the same with Bank of America and Chase which show up six and seven times respectively, exclusively on the TransUnion report.

I'm curious as to how the area of Texas theory works out. We live in Katy, just outside the Houston beltway.

13. Killer

Killer Guest

Doris,

This will not your socks off! I am in Brookshire! CitiBank pulled EQHIFAX!

14. BGolden

BGolden Guest

I live in north Houston in the Humble/Kingwood area and they pulled Equifax for me.

15. Killer

Killer Guest

Doris,

This will knock your socks off! I am in Brookshire! CitiBank pulled EQUIFAX! There seems to be no pattern!

16. Doris K.

Well, I'll be damned! Killer is practically my neighbor, and BGolden is just a few miles up the highway!

Now I'm really baffled, and I hereby give up trying to figure out what those damned people at Citibank have in mind. Keeping us in the dark is what keeps them in business and rich. Sheesh!

17. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Doris, I'm not too far from you, and our Equifax reports were pulled. So who knows?

Doris K. wrote:
    -------------------------------
    It's not uncommon for a bank to rotate CRAs, but I'm convinced that Citibank uses some sort of formula in choosing which report to pull. Perhaps it depends on the area in Texas.

In looking at my daughter's credit reports which I have on my desk, she has applied five times to Citibank. The latest Citibank inquiry dates back to December of 1999. All of them appear on her TransUnion report, and there are no Citibank inquiries on her Experian or CSC/Equifax reports. It looks to be the same with Bank of America and Chase which show up six and seven times respectively, exclusively on the TransUnion report.

I'm curious as to how the area of Texas theory works out. We live in Katy, just outside the Houston beltway.

18. Doris K.

Well, if any credit entity in or around Houston ever pisses us off, we have enough people close by to form one hell of a gang and cause all kinds of trouble!

19. Killer

Killer Guest

LOL!!!

20. Barry

Barry Guest

Well I got caught up in all the hipe for this card as well. I had a feeling with a BK on ones credit report that it would be denied...but lost my head in the hopes of getting one....and got the denial letter and a inquiry on my report.....oh well...Live and Learn.