DENIED CITI PLAT SELECT 724

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Apr 21, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY WIFE HAS F.I.C.O. 724...

JUST GOT DENIAL LETTER TODAY FOR PLATINUM SELECT...

:(

THEIR ON MY "BLACK LIST" FOR-EVER!!!!

TWO VISA/MC
    ONE PENNEYS
    (AU) ON MY DISCOVERCARD
    ONE WAL*MART CARD
    NO NEGATIVES...

WHAT DOES IT TAKE????

2. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Re: DENIED CITI PLAT SELECT

What are the reasons for denial?

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...the minimum amount of credit we would issue, when added to your existing obligations...excessively increase your debt burden in relation to total income provided.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Your ratio problem is killing your chances w/ Juniper, Amex and Citi.

There are 2 ways to handle it. The obvious being to pay some of the debt, the other is to start using a card that doesn't report, such as Aspire (but only for things you pay off every month, else the interest would kill you). And poof, the debt is gone (at least from your reports :))

Saar

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Saar

WIFE APPLIED...NOT ME...I KNOW BETTER...(DENIED TWICE EVEN WITH APPROVAL #'S)

2.90% for 9 months (18) if renewed...

6. Saar

Saar Banned

George

Yeah, but read the reasons. They all point the debt ratios.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Saar

F.Y.I. SHE HAD ONE INQUIRY 23 MONTHS AGO...MAYBE 24 MONTHS AGO...
    MAYBE HER F.I.C.O. DROPPED SINCE ONE IS BETTER THAN ZERO???

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Saar

for citibank you include household income, not personal income. If she just put her income in, that might be the issue. I asked citibank reps, they could care less what you put in for income. Husband wife, kids, mom , pop, whoever is in the house.

9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Reason goes back to debt ratios. The amount you owe must be significant compared to the amount of credit issued to you. This is the debt ratio that they are pointing towards..

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

< 20% OF TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME OWED TO NON MORTGAGE...

11. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

GEORGE

..the minimum amount of credit we would issue, when added to your existing obligations...excessively increase your debt burden in relation to total income provided.

I GOT THE EXACT SAME THING. DENIED!! They also added that "IF" I ran all my cards up I possibly couldn't pay. Now I ask based on what??????? That fact that I have always paid on time, never late, never missed.

It's a load of crap george... I agree with you and your wife.

judy

12. Ron,

Ron, Guest

Re: GEORGE

George,
    What is the reason of the Citibank denial letter for your wife?

Ron.

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU COULD HAVE READ ABOVE, BUT I COPIED AND PASTED IT FOR YOU...

...the minimum amount of credit we would issue, when added to your existing obligations...excessively
    increase your debt burden in relation to total income provided.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,
    Go to apply for some other creditors and they don't apprciate your business just like me. You heard from my message last week and I got Best Buy and CompUSA card and guess what? They closed my account because they couldn't verify some information from my application. I told them that my crediit history didn't mean a thing . You don't appreciate my business and I went apply for somebody else that appreciate my credit history and my business. Tell your wife an apply for Bank Of America credit cards and they are pretty eassy for me. I got both Visa and M/C from them with low fixed APR 9.9% and no annual fee.

Ron.