Denied Citibank AAdvantage but

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Oct 14, 2000.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I am not one of the fortunate ones. I was declined for the Citibank AAdvantage cards. However, Yesterday I received an invitation for the Citibank Platinum Select Card. Go figure. Should I even bother?

Mike G.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Denied Citibank AAdvantage

no. when were you denied the aadvantage card. wait about 10 days b4 you do anything.some people got the card anyway after denial. You will not get the select. They just send those offers out and it could just be a big coincidence. I received an invitation for the plat select a couple of times.

3. TC

TC Guest

After reading all this excitement about the AAdvantage card, I went to the Citibank Site and applied for the platinum select, just to see what happened. I have several crappy subprime cards, but was recently approved for an MBNA credit line through Ethan Allen. Anyway, despite multiple collection accounts from a few years ago, I was approved for the platinum select with a 6k limit. Considering my second highest credit line is an Action Mastercard for $700, I was pretty happy.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

congrats.

congrats. I also received the Ethan Allen MBNA finance.

5. TC

TC Guest

RE: congrats.

I'm looking forward to all my new furniture!

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

My new furniture comes thurs.

7. TC

TC Guest

I wish I were so lucky :) I ordered July 6 & it won't be here until first week in November. They have nice stuff, but the wait is killing me! I'm guessing that both MBNA and Citibank took into account more recent history with heavier weight than others. Also, my income has significantly increased over the past few years. You probably wrote about your situation previously, so I will do a search to see if our situations are similar.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I ordered an item which happened to be a rush item. I have to wait until dec. for my side chair.

9. Jo

Jo Guest

HERE YA GO, RONI

Talking about MY bragging? Well EXCUSEZ-MOI! Here's an example of yours...

10. Jo

Jo Guest

Again...

Some more bragging...

11. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

anybody get approved for the A

After I got approved for the Silver I was so excited I applied for the AA gold. Is there any chance I will get both?

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: anybody get approved for t

Someone here will probably think I am bragging but mr b, I did the same as you and I got both. So do doris, momof3 and some others. Keep your fingers and your toes crossed. LOL>

13. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: anybody get approved for t

I don't have a Citibank card anymore. It was one of my first prime cards, and I loved their customer service, but I got better deals through MBNA, Wells Fargo, GE(until First USA took over and sabotaged it), my credit union, and Pulaski Bank. I recently told First USA where to stick it, and I replaced it with a good card deal I got through Nordstrom.

While Citibank offered me a very good rate, and my credit limit was more than enough, the others are below 9%. Citibank wouldn't go below 9.9%, which certainly isn't a bad rate.

I hope those of you who just became new customers of Citibank will do your very best to keep your account in immaculate standing. You'll find they are great to do business with. Also, make sure you keep your other accounts in perfect standing too. Citibank, like most other banks, will assess your interest rates based upon your entire credit report.

14. the other

the other Well-Known Member

My fiance applied for the platinum select (his credit report is pretty screwed up) He did get approved for $4500.

He had never received any pre-approvals for any cards other than providian and cap1, and he received those ages ago. He has not received any pre-approvals for any card in the last year or so.