Denied Express Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 21, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I got a letter in the mail today from "world financial network national bank"

They checked my experian (MY WORST REPORT) and gave me these reasons for denial:

-too many recent applications for credit have been made.
    -credit has not been established long enough
    -there are too may accounts with balances.

Sucks! I love express. I would cancel all my store charges if i could get this one, its the only store i spend lots of money at

OWell

Next time
    Psugirl

2. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

Express? do you mean Amex?

As far as I know, American Express wants to see 2 open lines of credit in excellent standing for 2 years.

My suggestion is that you should close accounts that you are not using. (An open account -even with zero balances- is picked up by the computers as a potential debt.) By doing so, you will not have a credit report that suggests you already have too many available lines of credit.

Good luck!!!

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

No, Im not talking about amex, im talking about Express International Clothing store!

PSugirl

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I received my denial for this card today too. The exact same reasons. I even have a WFFNB card now.

:-(

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHAT IS WITH THIS STORE ( Express International Clothing store), DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE A F.I.C.O. 750+ ???

HIGHER STANDARDS THAN AMERICAN EXPRESS???

6. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

They've denied me two different times for different reasons. I'm trying to be good but every time I go in there, they try to push me to apply again. I love this store but that part sucks.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD FLAT-OUT ASK THEM WHAT THEIR STANDARDS ARE...ARE THEY "HIGHER" THAN AMERICANEXPRESS???

IF SO, THEY MAY HAVE FIFTY ACCOUNT HOLDERS AND THAT IS ALL THEY WANT.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOTHING ELSE JUST 1600 WOW.....

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GET SERIOUS! Chill.....

NEVER EVEN Heard of them....don't waste your time - can you rent a car or hotel room with this EXPRESS CARD?

No name ripoff of American Express either!

Chill - who cares?

c ya dogman

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GEORGE - with 1600 posts - you could be at that same address on Pennsylvania AVE in Wash DC!
    er....ah...THE WHITE HOUSE!

Gosh knows you probably are more knowledgeable
    that the guy that lives there now!

C ya Dogman

11. Mookie

Mookie Member

That bank is owned by a company called Alliance Data Systems - IMHO, the worst private label provider out there.

Go get a J. Jill Card instead, better store, better card.

12. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Never heard about this store either. Don't waste your time. Apply for Saks much better store.

13. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. I had this card a long while back, just outta college. Started out with a 200$ limit, that they eventually upped to 800$.

One thing to take into consideration-high interest rate, like a department store. 19-21% regardless of credit history.

Use your lower interest rate cards for this store-it'll be worth NOT having it in the long run.

14. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Alliance Network? Do they also own Maurices (another clothing store). I applied a year ago and they have been the only credit card/charge card to deny me in four years. Now reading everyone else's posts I don't feel so bad.

Dani

15. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I got a similar denial letter a few weeks ago from WFNNB for Victoria Secret as well as and experian is my worst.
    They are toughest to deal with, but I am not giving up.

Good Luck to all!

Cyprigirl