denied or approved let us know

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by paul, Oct 17, 2000.

1. paul

paul Guest

Ok a lot of people on this board have applied for the citibank card and received the same message.If you don't phone to find out the results and wait for the mail let us all know the results.If you get approved let us know what your credit is like and the credit limit citibank gave you.

2. Russ

Russ Guest

RE: denied or approved let us

Just because you didn't get the Citibank card it isn't the end of the world. I'm with a few other people on this board that is tired if hearing about Citibank.. please put this crap to rest. Who cares if a person gets approved or denied, how can that help you? I'm tired of endless threads dealing with Citibank.. I have been on this board for a couple of years and this is bad as the bobby threads IMHO.

Russ
    This isn't a flame; but more of a - plea - .

3. dbm

dbm Guest

Then don't read them!

If you don't like the post dealing with Citibank, then don't read them! simple huh?

Most of us are interested in the Citibank post, so relax friend!

For a lot of us it's a conversion from sub-prime to prime, and that's a very big deal!

4. Russ

Russ Guest

RE: Then don't read them!

Oh please.. get a grip people.. YOU ARE NOT GETTING A PRIME CARD. The APR is 19-20% which is very much SUB-PRIME (Providian, cap1, fpb, ccb.. so on). Sure I can just skip over the Citibank posts, but EVERY PAGE is CITIBANK posts, endless posts dealing with the same issue, issues. Someone just post a damn FAQ or something. I still would like to know how if someone gets approved, or denied; how that helps you or anyone else. It doesn't! Everyone has different incomes/ credit. I would figure its a ego thing or something.. I applied for a Gold World MC and got it (applied by mistake), does that make me better or worse then you??

Russ

5. dbm

dbm Guest

russ,

If you have something worthwhile to say, then "try" and respond positively to the question, or start a new thread, otherwise: SHUT YOU HOLE!!!

and then TAKE A HIKE %$#*&% loser!
    your lousy comments are not welcome!

Paul, will let you know whether I am approved, when I get response from Citibank.

6. justme

justme Guest

I'm with you. It seems as if getting a Citibank card, or a green, yellow, blue or purple American Express elevates some peoples' sense of self worth and am wondering how fragile their self perception is that getting a credit card makes them feel so great. And, what's a $10,000 credit limit going to do to someone? Get them in trouble once again by having too much credit. Personally, I have plenty of (PRIME) credit cards and am continually asking them to reduce my credit limit every time they raise it. Who needs a card with a $10,000 limit at (oftentimes) 17, 18 or 19 percent interest? 5k per card is plenty for me. If I buy furniture, I do 12 months same as cash, or something comparable...

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: denied or approved let us

I can understand your point, this thread has become overly used, but we must remember that some people are just so excited about getting the card, or excited about possibly getting the card. They are posting just trying to see how everyone else faired and if anyone else is in their situation and what the outcome was or is. But I do see your point, I have just been skipping several posts unless their is a name whom I know is still waiting to hear. Just Trying to keep the peace, don't want this thread to get heated:)

Mom

8. Thanks!

Thanks! Guest

Congratulations on the Gold, Russ!
    I'm really thrilled to be cashing in on the Citibank giveaway, especially with a bankruptcy less than a year ago, a repossessed car this past May, and being behind on my subprime credit card payments by a few months.
    This Citibank thing will brighten my life while I look for work and it will make the Christmas season for me. I thought I'd never have credit again, but Citibank came through with $21,000 on the Gold Card alone! More is on the way! This year has been tough, but I'm finally getting the credit I deserve, thanks to roni and Citibank! Dreams, my friend, do come true!
    Continued good fortune to you, too!

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I agree!

I have come to the same conclusion as you! Unless your wealthy, having a $10k limit on a card w/ that kind of interest is pointless! It also invites trouble. I had my First USA up to almost $8k@15.9% interest at one point and that was bunk considering I was barely making $30k/yr. at the time. Now that I make way more money than that, I have learned my lession and I'm paying for it as we speak!

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

See what I mean?

Come on people....

11. justme

justme Guest

EXACTLY

This is what gets people in trouble. What the hell is Citibank thinking giving an unemployed person with spotty, ooops, I mean crappy (no offenst but a recent benkruptcy AND repossession???), credit a card with a 21K limit? Already this person is using it without having received it...what about paying the bill? Put any thought into that?

You're right...these huge credit limnits are inviting troubel and the credit card companies know that human willpoer isn't as strong as the urge to shop and that's how they keep consumers in debt. Be smarter than that, people. Feeling good about a lot of cards with big credit limits is stupid...if you want to feel good about yourself, volunteer or go to an animal shelter and adopt.

12. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

This cant be for real. It's a

I did not take this message for real. I thought it was a person speaking sarcastically. If this story was true, The you and Citibank our idiots for having credit like that. Maybe I am just jealous because I was denied with much less issues than this story, but I think this story is way to good to be true. Read it again if you must, but I believe you'll agree that this person is just making fun of the situation.

Mike G.

13. justme

justme Guest

RE: This cant be for real. It

yeah, maybe you're right (in reading this again). Man, I need to stop taking everything so seriously...

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I agree, this story does not sound correct at all. Citibank can't be that loose in requirements

15. David

David Well-Known Member

It's a joke. (S)he posted on Cardweb the same thing. He'd be lucky to get an a secured card from Cap1 with that credit...

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thought so, some people will post just about anything, but in cyperspace I guess you can. But I have meet some wonderful people here and will continue to visit, I am always interested in the posters here and how their credit and life are going. These others jokers I just ignore

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

who cares.

I mean really you guys are acting like a bunch of flaming idiots. you are acting like stupid turd balls. grow up. please grow up. I posting a last week that all this talk was going to make people start calling citibank subprime. you know what Russ, i just hope that i or someone else comes across some really good information one day and you are too stuck up on yourself to read it. Ugh you make me sick.

18. Russ

Russ Guest

RE: who cares.

'get off my TIT' -- laugh..
    Hmm, crap goes around, eh? Who said your 15 minutes of fame was bad information? I just said stop with the damn CITIBANK POSTS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. You have/ everyone else has/ made their points. Everything else is the same information -over, over and over-.

If I wanted to FLAME YOU I would have. Now get off my TIT :) Smile, isn't that your line?

Russ

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Until you walk in my shoes.

Right. you have plenty of prime cards. That is why you dont understand why providian carriers like myself are happy to get a citi card. Are you that out of touch. Really, I think all of you who have decent cards and are making stupid remarks to the happy new citi carriers are truly out of control. If you are not in my situation, you can not judge my situation, so stay the heck out of my situation. Enough is enough

20. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: who cares.

15 minutes have turned into 15 god damn years.