denied pay pal visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Jun 11, 2001.

1. peeper

peeper Well-Known Member

After filling out the application in a blink of an eye i was denied.Even though i already have an account with providian it amazed me how quick i was denied.There is no way they could of checked my credit report in 2 seconds oh well back on the wagon!!

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes, they can check it that fast.

breeze

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHAT ABOUT PAY PAL VISA?

LINK?

ANNUAL FEE?
    INTEREST RATE?

4. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

I think it's paypalvisa.com
    Issued by Providian, same rates as Getsmart/Aria but they throw an extra card in the mix...
    Platinum-9.99% variable
    Gold Plus-16.99% fixed
    Gold-20.49% fixed
    Classic-23.99%
    All four are called something different of course, but get this, all four actually have 25-days grace periods. Wish I had known about this before I was sucked in Aria two years ago. Oh well...

5. brad

brad Well-Known Member

FIN,there is no grace period on the Getsmart Classic issued by Providan.

6. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Hey could you give me the website for Providian Pay pal Visa..Thanks

7. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

I know, but the rates are the same across the board.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

you can't have one if you have a providian card. thats been stated many times already..

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

So, if you already have providian, you can't get a pay pal visa???

I almost hate to stick my fool neck out in this manner for the simple reason that I'd probably get it chopped off if I actually went over to paypal and tried to get one, but I tend to think that there might possibly be at least one exception to that rule.

Now then, if I am wrong, so be it because I have no intention of proving the point one way or the other since I have no need to do so, but if one is a recognized paypal merchant then would that change the picture??

I sell multiple products and use paypal as a merchant.

I don't care about there Visa card because they provide other methods to get the same thing accomplished.

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Until their rules change, you can only get one providian card..

heck i'm not even offered the paypal visa option. I have been a paypal member since day one they opened, and have moved a ton of money through their system. The paypal premier atm card is pretty nifty though..

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I'll take your word for it. I've heard that too, in fact, I've been told that by Providian.

I too joined paypal back in the first few days of their opening.

I simply move funds out of their system by the electronic method. Takes them about 3 days to transfer the funds that way and that's fast enough for me.

I never even thought of applying for their card.