Denied to open a bank acct??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Sep 25, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I was trying to add my SO to my account as a joint owner. They ran a credit check and he was denied. WTF!??? What is wrong with BofA??? Another reason why I'm deciding to close my accout with them!

I was denied a car loan with them, denied a cc with them, now this. Ugggghhhh!!!

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I added my Mom as joint on my credit union account, they pulled inquiry on her also.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

BOFA is a stickler on credit, they denied me like 10 years ago because of an AU charge off.

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I think the ONLY reason people "flock" to that bank is because down here in the southern region....they are on every corner.

I wish I was back up north!!!!

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Ooh, I don't like that bank. They haven't done anything to me personally just the whole "I'm a big bank and you're only one customer out of a million" stance. I'm sorry mother2. How you tried your local credit union (I love them and small town banks). It's so nice to talk to a real human being without having to go through five minutes of automated machines.

Dani

6. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Still, you should get a number to call (at least with Chexsystems you do) or an address to write to to find out WHY the turn down happened. Maybe there's something there he needs to work on.?

Worked at a bank 13 years, only used chexsystems, didn't pull credit. Maybe things have changed. I have opened two checking accounts since my bankruptcy and had no problems.

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad! I banked with BofA for TEN YEARS and they never gave me NADA......no credit card, no auto loan, no NOTHING! I am so thru w/ them you just don't even know. I drive past one and my stomach turns. What a sad excuse for a bank.