department store card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tom, Sep 3, 2000.

1. Tom

Tom Guest

Does revolving account include department store card? Thanks .

2. CardReport

CardReport Guest

Here are the definitions:

1. A charge card is one where you must pay the full balance each month. Examples would include a green Amex, and most gas cards (although I recall that Chevron allowed revolving if any single purchase was over $100 [like for repairs.])

2. A revolving account is one where you must make at least a certain minimum payment, like 2% - 3% of the balance, each month, so that most of the balance can roll over to the next month. Examples include most Visa and MasterCard accounts.

Some/most department store cards allow revolving, with higher interest rates than the average Visa/MasterCard. Check the specific terms listed on the application.

--
    CardReport.Com - Credit Tools, News, And Reference

http://www.cardreport.com/

Everything You Need To Know About Credit And Debt
    --

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Revolving Credit

As far as gas cards go, my Texaco and Shell cards from Associates allow 3% mimimum payments with any remaining balances rolled over or "revolved." My Chevron card allows a 20% minimum payment. I found one card that doesn't offer revolving terms unless the individual purchase totals more than $50. That would be Union 76, quite common in California and Arizona but maybe not so common further East.

4. MS

MS Guest

I have a 'revolving account' from SEARS

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I got turned down for instant credit from Sears. They claimed "length of credit history" as one of the reasons, but I've had one credit card for over six years.

6. Tom

Tom Guest

Which CRA does Sears use?Some creditors don't report to Equifax.

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Sears pulled a Trans Union report on me, and I live in Arizona. Trans Union is probably my best report, but they cited collection items, recently opened accounts, and the bogus "length of credit history" as reasons/excuses.

8. MS

MS Guest

It couldn't be the reason 'length of credit history' because I have less than 1 year credit history.

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have a sears card, I asked for an increase and they pulled Trans Union denied me for "history of deliquent accounts", I have ONE 30 day late a year ago, bunch of bull I think

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Maybe your "length of history of delinquent accounts" wasn't long enough. :)

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

What does that exactly mean??

12. Rich Guy

Rich Guy Guest

It was just a bit of gallows humor. I was making fun of Sears and their twisted ability to create excuses out of nothing, and then perpetuate them seemingly forever.

13. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Perhaps this is a case of them being obliged by law to give three reasons for refusal. Since they couldn't come up with 3 valid one's and there were no (recent?) delinquincies they did what all creditors do when they do not wish to grant somebody credit i.e. pulled a reason out of a hat, made it up, outright lied. You know the score.

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks:)

15. mick

mick Guest

Sears is the pits I NEVER shop there.
    I wish sears merchandisers were as picky about the merchandise they sell as they are with their credit accounts.