department store credit with bk

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by donna8284, Sep 6, 2001.

1. donna8284

donna8284 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good department store that will approve someone with a past bk for a store credit card.Have good credit since bk (discharged in 7/98).

scores are in low 600's
    and high 500's

Also just wondering if a credit card company would re-issue you an account if you included them in bankruptcy i.e Amex,Citibank,Sears ??

Any recommendations on a good credit card?I carry Providian,Capital one and Orchard. I would like to get rid of orchard - after a year and a half they have only increased my limit from 300 to 400.

Thanks

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

NO AMX!!!!!!!!!!!!They are sticklers with prev BK!!!!!

Get a Target Card!

www.target.com

Shawn

3. mirabelle

mirabelle Well-Known Member

Target approved my husband, who had a BK in 1993. Also, Citibank will almost surely deny anyone who included a Citibank CC in a bankruptcy or had a charge off. He applied to see what would happen and was told there was no chance--they have a blacklist and stick to it. I asked the Citi rep if the blacklist could go beyond the 10-year window for reporting a bankruptcy and she said she didn't know, but could see how it could since there was a previous bad account. Somehow that doesn't sound fair or legal....but....I guess they can maintain their own records and if you didn't pay them once they could choose not to take the chance again.

I do know there are Citi's other-branded cards, like (I think) ATT Universal that people here have gotten with Citibank cards that were either Bk'ed or charged off...the logic I read was that the databases aren't shared so they never picked up on the Citibank blacklist.

4. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

HI Donna,

Do a search for "bankrupty". I think it was Nana who got a list started for us post bankruptcy folks to see what we should even try for based on others experiences and knowledge. It goes by what people received so many months after their discharges.

Good Luck!