Depression Has Set In

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Toothman, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

Well, I have just received my scores from all three credit reports and I am ready to fake my death. They are as follows:

Equifax 545
    TransUnion 513
    Experian 471

This is worse than I ever imagined. I am now working with a CR company to salvage my credit and hopefully turn things around but the effort may surpass my available lifespan.

<sigh>

Need some encouragement here, folks :(

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Do NOT give up Toothman. Many of us are or were where you are. It is NOT impossible to repair your credit. You have taken the first step which is gaining knowledge. Put it to use. This board is full of helpful information. Research it and use it to your advantage. It is not an easy task, but it is attainable. Don't you dare give up!!
    ;-)

BTW, which agency are you using? Make sure you use someone reputable like Junum or Lexington. Good luck, keep us informed and ask questions.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Just "put one foot in front of the other" as they say. One day you will be looking back on this. Facing reality isn't easy, but it's the first step in the right direction. You can do it!!

breeze - who has been there (shoot, mine probably wasn't even measurable, hehe)

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

LOL, I agree with you breeze. Mine was so low, I had to dig underground to find it. :)

5. Toothman

Thank you for all the encouragement, everyone. I have been lurking on this board for two weeks and have learned so much from you that I'm putting an action plan in place. I am now paying all bills upon receipt and not initiating any hard inquiries on my report.

The company I'm using is called Second Chance Financial and, while expensive, they seem to have a great track record. I guess the waiting is the hardest part. I am choosing to not go the subprime route but to wait till I can go prime right away.

You guys are great :)

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Toothman

I was lower than a snake's belly Toothman.
    Credit scores are FLUID - and change every day.

Don't get any inquiries for 6 months -
    make good payments
    use junum for $20 month to constantly dispute stuff.

I am trying to get a great score again after a CHAP 13 - in 1996 - so relax bud.
    Also, you will find a credit company that will help you out and help you regain a higher score.

Your score could change 100 points up in one year - mine did :) and then I got an AMEX Card last year.

7. Toothman

Re: Toothman

Thanks Dogman!!

I am definitely resisting the temptation to get inquiries. I am making payments on time.

I was thrilled to see your score jump 100 points in a year. In my case though, 100 points takes me from hellish credit to just bad credit. :(

8. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Your scores should increase dramatically with a little disputing. Don't be depressed. I'm sure mine were pretty darn low b4 I started the credit repair process. I wish I would have recieved my scores when I first started. Then I could see just how much things have changed.

Don't give up! You'll be in primeland in no time

Kelly

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

nope - what if your equifax hits 640 - that gets you an AMEX Charge Card, or some higher rate 18-20% regular visa.

cya - keep on this board with us Toothman. We all teach each other the tricks to jump 100 points by doing a few right things.

Mom did a few things and now can qualify for a mortgage at an excellent rate. She is an inspiration.

Roni taught us all about how to gewt higher limits or get a Citibank card. Join the ride up the hill again :)
    We'll be along with you!

CYA dogman

10. Toothman

Thanks Kelly and Dogman

Thanks guys!! Well, you have definitely helped me view things with a different perspective. I'm certainly looking forward to the ride back to Prime.

Kelly....how long has your rebuilding process been going on?

11. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Re: Dogman

Dog -

Amex told me you had to have a 680 to get any of their cards.

I had applied for one and was turned down. They said my score was only 660.

12. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Re: Dogman

I started rebuilding credit a little over 2 years ago with sub-prime. It's been a little less than two years of disputing stuff. Equifax is my worst report (650) I don't know what my others are. I have two medical collection accounts, student loan late pays, and a bankruptcy on Equifax. The bk on TU. One collection and student loan lates on Experian. I won't be applying for any prime cards until my bk falls off next year. I'm going to try and rehabilitate the SL lates if possible and by then the two collections should be gone. That's my plan - crossing fingers it works :)

Kelly

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Toothman

Hi there, as Dog mentioned I went from 540 in Oct00 to 677 in 3/01, that's 137 points in less than 6 months. Don't let this get you down I was very upset in Oct but I have worked hard and with the help of my fellow posters, IT CAN be done. It takes time and hard work. DOn't ever give up keep fighting and keep posting. We are all here to help one another and will continue to help each other. Right now I am working on hubby's score 577. You will learn alot here at the boards, that I promise you.

Mom:)

14. Rtootie

Rtootie Guest

I'm curious to know how you got all 3 of your credit scores. I'm aware of Equifax, but not Transunion and Experian. Please share.

15. Toothman

In Response

Thanks for the info, Kelly. It really sounds like things will be great for you once the BKs fall off. I will probably ask you how things are going from time to time.

As for Mom, I have been following your posts for a few weeks and you are inspirational. Thank you for your good words.

Rtootie....my CR company was able to obtain my Beacon, Empirica and FICO scores for me.

16. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Re: In Response

Maybe you are correct - again, they had to completely overlook my FICO when determining to give me a card.

If you had 660, call em and ask to be reviewed becuase you just missed the cutoff.

c ya dogman

17. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Fico score for Amex

I read at another board that Amex only requires mid 600's to qualify for the green this was according to "jason" an amex rep. He could not reveal that actual score but stated your score can be in the mid 600's.

Mom:)

18. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: Fico score for Amex

Hmmm.....I have a 670 and was TD