description used to verify!! LONG!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zcraws33, Aug 3, 2001.

1. zcraws33

zcraws33 Well-Known Member

I have contacted EXPERIAN about 4 accounts they claim to have verified. I do not "believe" they were verified because they are old and 3 of the 4 accounts were deleted when disputed with TU AND EQ. I asked them (experian) to provide me with the procedures used to verify these items.

I received a reply in the mail today, that my dispute was not specific enough. (my request for procedures used to verify)
    mind you, I did list each and every account along with an account number...requesting that they provide the procedures used to verify.

now get this...
    the same letter also states under Q&A:
    Q:Can Experian tell me who verified the information I questioned?
    A: Yes. if you question the results of our investigation, then you may REFER to your original personal credit report for the business name and address of the credit grantor who was our source for the verification. If you need further information, please call the phone number displayed on the results of your investigation, and we will be happy to assist you.

OBVIOUSLY they understood my request, but are just blowing me off.

BASICALLY , they are saying do not bother to notify us once we verify, just look on your credit report..that is the information we used!!

How can they get away with this? I read the FCRA: and it is so VAGUE:

(iii) if requested by the consumer, a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO?

2. zcraws33

I guess my question is:

does EXPERIAN'S reply that states to refer to the original credit report satisfy the requirement that they provide the procedures used to verify?

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

The answer is NO. Where on your report or on that letter does it describe the method used to verify? It doesn't. The only thing it says is the names of the creditors we verified are below, or something to that effect. Keep your paperwork.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

No, I don't think so. I think this is what we call "the runaround."

breeze

5. zcraws33

I have decided that I will give them once more chance.

this is the letter i want to send to EXPERIAN (credit data southwest in AZ )

what do you guys think?

Dear Credit Data Southwest,

Thank you for your reply that is dated 7/27/01.

However, I believe that you may have misunderstood my request, as your reply does not address my inquiry. You state in your reply that my request was not detailed enough for you to locate the disputed items. You also state that if I questioned who verified the information I questioned, that I am to refer to my original personal credit report. Please be advised that your response does not comply with federal law.
    I believe my request was clear in that I requested that you provide me with the â??detailsâ? specific to the reinvestigation procedures you used to verify the items that are clearly listed in my previous correspondence to you.

Since the 15day time frame has expired in which you are required to provide the requested information. I am requesting that you immediately comply with federal law and provide the requested information or delete the items from my credit file.

For your review, I have enclosed a copy of my previous correspondence that outlines the
    Items in question.

I respectfully request that you reply within the next 5 business days. I look forward to your reply.

Enclosure: copy of previous letter

6. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

Wounderful letter.

have you tried submitting this online?

7. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Wait!

Do you want the whole tradelines deleted or do you just want the negatives deleted off of those tradelines?

When you say "items" they will use that to mean the tradeline and delete the whole thing. Be very specific.

8. zcraws33

since Credit Data SW is a local bureau. I can not do online disputes. But just curious, would I submit a letter like this via email, say if it was equifax? or any suggestions on how would I submit it, if i ever did have to use it online with Equifax?

9. zcraws33

Mist,

I would like the entire tradelines deleted. But do you have a suggestion for wording (for future reference) if I just wanted the negatives deleted?

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You say that you are dealing with a local credit bureau instead of the big 3 in this case?

If that is true and you are dealing with trade lines reported by collection agencies, here is a trick that I have used with outstanding success in the past.

Once you get to the big 3, it won't work because they won't let you get the argument in edgewise.

The argument I have used in the past on the locals and with amazing results is the argument that a report by collection agencies are 3rd party hearsay evidence that a debt might be owed, not a validated report by a party of the first part.

I've seen "little" local bureaus wipe every collection agency report off of one's credit history and then report to the big 3 that these are not valid reports and must be deleted. And all 3 of them have always gone along with it and deleted off all of the collection agency reports in their files too.

Didn't make any difference that they were perfectly valid reports, given the argument and a threat of possible suit for reporting hearsay evidence of a debt, they were all gone in a heartbeat. (so to speak)

If it fits your situation, it might be worth a try.

What have you got to lose?

11. zcraws33

Bill, would you mind posting a sample letter of what you mean? Also, this LOCAL BUREAU is unbelievable!! they have been the MOST difficult to deal with of all 3. But I am willing to try anything.....

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Dear Local Credit Bureau

Your listing by Sleazebag Collection Agency which purports and claims that I owe Dr. Deadly money is a 3rd party report and as such denies me my due process rights under the Constitution and must therefore be removed. It is hearsay evidence only and therefore must be deleted.

Thanking you for your consideration in this matter,

Sincerely Yours

If you use it, you must understand that it is purely hype and bluster and that's all it is. Don't say I didn't warn you in advance that the big 3 would not stand still for that argument for even 1 second. Some small town credit bureaus have fallen for it. I used it very successfully on the Oklahoma City credit bureau and some other much smaller credit bureaus. But don't come back crying if it don't work.

It's just a long shot chance.

13. zcraws33

If you use it, you must understand that it is purely hype and bluster and that's all it is. Don't say I didn't warn you in advance that the big 3 would not stand still for that argument for even 1 second. Some small town credit bureaus have fallen for it. I used it very successfully on the Oklahoma City credit bureau and some other much smaller credit bureaus. But don't come back crying if it don't work.

It's just a long shot chance. [/B][/QUOTE]

the local credit bureau here..is not small town at all. The agents there are very lazy. They are VERY difficult to work with. I doubt it would work at all, the wont even remove items when you have 'WRITTEN VERIFICATION" of the error, they state they must still contact the creditor. But your idea is definitely something to put in my "credit info bag" for future use.

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Do with it as you will.

Just remember you have a 50-50 chance that it will work.

Either it does or it don't. 50-50 chance.

LOL