Desperate need of AMEX--HELP!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by debtchoked, Aug 22, 2003.

1. debtchoked

debtchoked Well-Known Member

My husband is starting to travel quite a bit for work. He applied for an AMEX Hilton HHonors card and was denied. I applied for just the regular, plain, green AMEX card and named him as a 2nd cardholder--I was denied. Is there anything anyone can recommend? We don't have the money to front his travel each time before getting reimbursed by his company 2 to 3 weeks after he returns!!

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

What are your scores?

3. debtchoked

debtchoked Well-Known Member

Last I checked (May 2003) mine were around the mid 500's and my hubby's were in the low 500's. There have been some tradelines deleted, but I don't know how much it has affected our scores. What CRA does AMEX use? As far as I know, our TU reports are our highest and our EXP reports are our lowest.

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Ok, nobody yell at me, but desperate times may require desperate actions.

Ever had a relationship with Household? DH just got a card with a $1000 limit with them. They pulled EX, and his scores were mid 5's. They tried to give him $300, but he whined and they gave him the 1K.

If he is paying it off everytime he receives an expense check, interest shouldn't matter - and you can pay them online.

Second thought - How good is his relationship with his employer? What about a one time expense advance that he uses - submits an expense report for amount used, and then they "reimburse" him?

I had a company do that once for me.

You can probably forget about Amex.