Devil Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Imaginativ, Jul 28, 2000.

1. Imaginativ

Imaginativ Guest

The Cross Country Bank Devil Card has the following features:

1. No need to resell your soul every time you rent a car -
    2. Children are accepted as payment in the event of your losing a job or missing a payment - think of the comfort knowing you have protection. Wives are only seized upon request.
    3. Free Annual Trip all expenses with your Additional Devil Card holder to selected places arranged by Hellfire Tours.
    Now you can experience the Lake of Fire for yourself.
    4. Don/t worry - you can't lose us!!
    Even if you cancel, you will always be a Devil Card holder acculumating more interest.

2. Len

Len Guest

The Cross Country Lake of Fire Cruise caused me to swear off sea adventures forever.

3. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Now about those children in #2, being accept as payment... Can they be ANY children. I have a couple in my neighborhood that I'd like to send in, but I'm not a CCB card holder. Will they accept them anyhow? Will they accept them as a deposit on a secured card? If I cancel my card and there is a credit balance, will I get them returned as part of the refund? Or will I only get a prorated portion of each child? I'd really like to know before I go buy a big padded shipping crate with holes drilled in the sides.

4. Mary Loo

Mary Loo Guest

I didn't see any 800 # for the Devil Card.
    Anybody know how to get a Cross Country Card?

I have twins so I'm hoping I get a higher limit.

Also want to see that Lake of Fire where all the lost payments burn in Hell!
    Is it the same Lake of Fire that First USA uses?

5. liz

liz Guest

I just transferred the balance on my CCB
    card to my new Citibank card @ 3.9%. I called CCB (an ordeal to actually get a "human" on the phone) and got my payoff balance and transferred the amount quoted. But I was told that the account would continue to accrue daily interest until they received payment from Citibank which usually takes 7-10 days. From your message it sounds like CCB will continue to milk me for small amounts upon which they will continue to charge interest.

6. BOB

BOB Guest

Liz I would send them $54.00 over the payoff balance and tell them they have 7 days by law to return the amount over what you owe.
    This is about the only way to stop this bunch of crooks from milking you forever.
    As for Mary Loo, CROOKS COUNTRY BANKS
    LAKE OF FIRE IS 10 TIMES THE SIZE OF FIRST'S
    LAKE. The last thing you need is a CCB card,
    unless you want your credit ruined, in that case get one.

7. Relieved

Relieved Guest

I am so glad to find out this bit of info. I was just about to get a devil card. You all have stopped me from selling my soul and my daughter.

8. liz

liz Guest

Thanks Bob,
    I'll do that, but what I don't understand is why/how they automatically begin charging interest/fees for the next billing period without giving an opportunity to pay the current balance in full. I hadn't even received the statement yet--I got it today and the bal due on the statement was considerably lower than the payoff bal I was quoted on the phone yesterday. I transferred that bal I was quoted on the phone. Do you think I'll still need to send more money?

9. BOB

BOB Guest

Send them $54.00 more than the bal due and request the bal be refunded to you within
    the 7 days required by law. Also send a copy to the Del. State Banking commission. CCB will have to refund you the difference in 7 days or less. That is the law.

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Why $54? Is that just a number you assume will be greater than any "errors" or phony charges? Please let us know.

11. BOB

BOB Guest

RichGuy, CROOKS COUNTRY BANK charges $27 per
    fee, (overlimit,late,etc.) so with $54 you cover both over&late should these crooks decide to pull some of their known crap.
    Thats where the $54 came from, its just a way to finally close your account out with out them pulling their extra interest from what they tell you is your final payoff.
    If you continue to pay what they tell you
    is the final amount you will be forever
    getting your account closed, and they will keep charging you all the while.

12. Rocco's br

Rocco's br Guest

Come on down and see us. I'm the one who resides on the throne of stone. Hitler to my right and Rocco on my left. We'll be roasting babies and chanting incantations from the necronomicon. So, open the door Jehova you @!#$.........................

13. BOB

BOB Guest

RE: Devil Card& Rocco's Br

I guess the law suit has taken it's toll on
    this clown. Rocco probably left town and left him in charge. You poor idiot, don't worry maybe you and ROCCO will get the same cell. I'd hate to see you 2 separated.
    Especially after being joined at the lips.
    Oh well losing ones job will make you do and say crazy things.