did anyone receive this from c

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Dec 3, 2000.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I received this in the mail from capone sat. YOU'VE BEEN SELECTED FOR AN AUTO LOAN WITH AN ANNUAL RATE AS LOW AS 10.95*. You just call this 800 number and then they take you info. Offer expires in 45 days. Has anyone else received this offer? I don't need a car right now but it is nice to know for the future. I am hoping that by the time I do need a car my credit will not be an issue. Just curious.

2. credit wis

credit wis Guest

RE: did anyone receive this fr

No i didn't get one.I think the interest rate is alittle high if it was for a brand new car.Would be a good rate for a used car.But with many banks offering very low rates on C.C.'s. C.C.'s is a much better deal as far with short term financing like 24 months max.Just having sufficent credit lines does the trick.I don't know what others think but if i needed a good used card this is the route i would go.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

capital ones' auto loan dept denied me quick!

they are not lenient on poor credit at all.

10.99% is a great rate for a first time car buyer with little down payment.

It is not great , just average for purchasing a car with good credit (new car).

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hi Molly,
    I got that solicitation in the summer, when I was looking for an autoloan..All I got from Summit Auto/Capitalone was a denial. So I went with HAFC.

roni

5. STEVE G

STEVE G Guest

Stay away from Summit, I got hte same crap over the summer, I just got a loan for a new 2001 Hynduai Santa Fe from Household, It is a first class organization. They went beyond their approval paramaters of only lending $20,000 to lend me $22,000. And they made me put nothing down. The interest rate was 14.5, not bad considering i have alot of non paid chargeoffs all 4 years old.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I luv them too.

I also luved the way household treated me. Too bad they are a finance co. Supposedly it lowers our scores. At worthknowing.com, the site mentioned that my finance co. loan had a potential of hurting my score. But it did say it hurt less as long as you did not have a bunch of finance co loans.

roni