did anyone receive this offer?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Mar 22, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Shell-preapproved Just return the acceptance certificate below or call.... They ask for ss#, DOB, HM #, WK#, $, CKG, SVG and signature. Is this crap or a real preapproved? I always get preapproved for Discover only, first time for this kind.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: did anyone receive this of

YOU ARE "PRE-APPROVED" unless they see something on your credit report they will pull.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

It's probably issued by Associates. I have one. Then they give you Amoco. Very convenient for "pay at the pump." Interest is high, I don't carry balances on them. If it is Associates, they don't report the gas cards at all unless you screw up.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I received Shell credit card pre-approved application about a year ago. I sent in the application and about a week or two I recieved Shell credit card from te mail. I used it once and stuck in the corner. They don't report your account history to the credit bureaus.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Preapproved Gas Cards

I've gotten three preapproved offers for Associates gas cards (two from Texaco and one from Shell.) All three resulted in actual cards shortly after I returned the offers. I think Associates has fairly low standards for the cards, since their primary goal is to put new cards in circulation.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Preapproved Gas Cards

IT IS A VERY LIMITED USE CARD, how much gas can one use in a month.

Also you can use it at only limited places.

You can't use a SHELL card at WAL*MART at a grocery store, or cleaners.

7. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I was invited

So I guess that doesn't mean didly. ;O)

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: I was invited

It won't help you improve your credit. It *will* get you an Associates Visa a little further down the road.

Since Associates was recently bought by Citi, who knows...... so, it is free, it's really just a convenience, but could be helpful later on. I just discovered that after 6 months of having an Associates Visa (atrocious interest rate) they have reported to Trans Union (R1). I need good stuff on TU so for now I will keep it in spite of the high interest.

Just a few more things to consider.