Did i get denied

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Mar 21, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Hi,

Tried for Amex blue. Says cant give me an answer for 7-10 days. IS this a definite no? Should I call? What CRA does AMEX use? WHat do they check in those 60 seconds waiting for a decision?

MY FICO/Beacon score is 706 on equifax. That in itself seems crazy high since i have a judgement paid from 1 year ago..several lates and 2 chargeoffs that are all still under investigation/disputed.

What cc's use this equifax/fico score?

2. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I think you still might have a chance for the Blue because I applied for an AMEX Optima Platinum on their website and got the same answer so I waited for a week and eventually got the card in the mail.

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Mike,
    So you applied for one product and got another? SO perhaps they actually did look at your credit (a real person) and even tho they couldn't get you into a Platinum, they got you into a Blue?
    Would you please share credit, etc?
    I had also gotten the same response (7-10 days) but as of yet have not heard from them.....which is okay :)
    I be cool. lol

4. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

call 800-962-7227 to find out.

5. geekpipe

i called 800-252-8560 and the automated response said it was not approved :( What CRA do they use?

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

When you received your credit score, may I ask what your reasoning codes were?

I believe Amex usuallys uses Experian or TU, I know your Equifax is good but have you looked at the other 2 reports. They pulled Experian for me and others and I also hear the pull TU.

7. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Where do you live? They used Experian for me and I live in NY.

8. geekpipe

i am in ny. The codes were as follows (from equifax/fico score?
    38, 20, 2, 8

The first two have to do with the paid judgement from 8/2000.

I cant believe the beacon score is so high. Ahh thought i might get lucky with AMEX. Any cc's use equifax?

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

10. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Associats and Juniper use Equifax.

11. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

AnnMarie,

My first AMEX card was the Blue which I got around Feb. 2000 and I applied for the Optima Platinum last month and got it a couple of weeks ago. Sorry for the confusion.

12. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

thanks for the response Mike, AmEx didn't want me either. But then again, I definitely need to stop! applying. I've got plenty and I don't even know how I'm gonna use them to keep them active & build credit.

13. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Amex put Equifax for me twice this year , at January 2001 (Green) and two days ago for
    the Delta card. the response "If you are approved you will get the card in the mail" (?)

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Amex pull credit from Experian.