did you know this about capita

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the rock, Nov 16, 2000.

1. the rock

the rock Guest

Did you know that when you call capital one automated system you can request a line increase right over the phone by pushing the number they suggest?I have 2 accounts with them but was refused an increase and was told i would receive a letter in the mail stating the reason why,still waiting for the letters.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: did you know this about ca

If you've received an increase from capitalone (applies to secured model, cant speak for others).

#1. They pull your credit report.
    #2. (!!) Then they check to see if you've
    had increase in the last 6 months, if so, declined. #1 of this part is kinda annoying.

They do check your credit for some reason, and obviously your payment history (no NSF's no over the limits, no lates) play an important role in the decision.

They did deny my friend for having the account only for 2 months. then sent a nasty letter saying "We will give you increases when we feel like it, dont ask". That was pretty funny since its on their phone system.

Btw,I received a $100 increase on month 2 of the secured mastercard. I had maxed the card out twice, and paid it off twice in that time period. YMMV.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That is great information SAm. I was given a $200 increase after 6 months even though I had 2 over the limits during that time. They unsecured it the next month. So you are probably due for some big increases.

roni.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Wow did you have to ask to have it unsecured or was it offered?

I'm at $800 limit, secured, plus $300 extended line for their capitalonedirect.com (they sell some nice car stereo stuff).

The $99 would be nice back to apply towards my balance.

Do they send a check back or credit your card?

thanks

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It was an offer. They returned my deposit in the form of a check.

roni

6. Debbie

Debbie Guest

Which automated number did you call?

7. the rock

the rock Guest

The one on the back of the card

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Tried it and received a 300 limit increase. Cap 1 isn't to big on large limit increases.
    Thanks Rock, haven't been using the phone because of free online bill pay.

9. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

Doug ,how long did you have your card,ive had mine for 3 months and would like to have an increase.

10. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Dec of 1997 - 1000 first increase 200 second increase now 300 on their automated system. 1st one was about 9 months. Started with green upgraded to silver upgraded to their diamond mastercard.

11. S.D.

S.D. Guest

wow! you go, Dave!! I wish I was as lucky as you