Difficulty staying clean!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Aug 5, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You guys are so lucky. You can apply for all the credit you want. I have to wait until this mortgage goes through before I apply for more credit. IT IS KILLING ME. Anyone who follows my post know that I have a big weakness in the pretty credit card department. I am scheduled to close on Aug 22 and it is killing me to wait 2.5 more weeks before applying for some new card HOPING they pull EXP or EQ. It is like rolling dice for me...lol. Pray for me ok!

Counting down to closing date...........

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

KEEP CONTROL...as I mentioned before...my REAL ESTATE AGENT said DON'T even think about applying for ANYTHING until I had the keys in my hand!!!

Not even if it is like a new dining room set or bedroom set for the house!!!

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I know George. I need to purchase some stuff for the home. You know I have my mbna...ethan allen account. They send me a flier yesterday. "Hi roni, we know you have $4500 available credit to use at Ethan allen and we have all this new furniture on sale this summer...etc.etc. " They are killing me. Luckily all the stuff I applied for last month was denied except for the mobil card. I was thinking that since I closed 2 providians and 2 household accounts that I would look ok. Keeping those fingers crossed until closing. And keeping my SS# to my self......

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...He said if absolutely necessary to have a new bedroom set or dining room set the day after close...get MOM AND DAD or the IN-LAWS to buy it and pay them back...

5. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Roni,

I got a call on Monday from my mortgage broker that our mortgage was approved. We're scheduled to close on Thursday, August 9. Yesterday she calls me with the conditions for closing and proceeds to give me the following list:

1. Source of $2005 deposit to my checking account on 6/19
    2. Copies of both escrow money checks.
    3. Copies of checks for funds received from my 401(k).

Just when I thought I was in the clear! Anyway, don't apply for anything!!! Unlike you I'm dying to apply for credit, specifically a Hope Depot credit card but George is right on the money so in the mean time I'll bite my nails.

Good luck to you.

Manny

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Manny,

When my approval letter came, it had a list of conditions. I sent those items to them. I hope there will not be anymore surprises but from what everyone has said here....there probably will be.

The conditions were: send in recent paystubs for last 30 days and all bank statement since Arpil2001 which is when I first applied.....And copies of all payments made to the builder.

7. MiamiBlues

Roni,

I hope that there aren't too many conditions. The list I posted before was what my broker told me that they had requested which isn't too bad. I'm sure that there might be a small surprise or two, I just hope it's nothing major.

My only concern is that I can't find the withdrawal slip for part of that $2k deposit. I got that money from a CD my mother had in trust for me. I hope that doesn't create too much hoopla.

Manny

8. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Manny,

I had to explain the source of some deposits before I closed on my mortgage. Now keep in mind not all banks are the same.

I just had to write a letter explaining the deposits and sign the letter. I did not have to provide deposit slips or proof or anything. My explanation and my signature was enough.

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

roni i have the same problem!! I just got $700 cap 1, $1000 radio shack, $400 spiegel, $5000 citi, and im sure theres one more on the way.

Must cut off fingers.

I have to close all the little accounts out now, and start paying them off. I got a bunch of new accounts to help my 77% debt ratio. Now it is like 36% ratio.

Maybe we need a no-more-inquiries-club where folks can help each other out. Kinda like AA

10. MiamiBlues

Other,

The only deposit they asked me to explain was the one were I transfered money from my joint account with my Mom and a CD. I hope that's it!

Thanks for sharing that info with me.

Manny