Dillards inquiries 15 in 4 months?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by holis, Aug 7, 2003.

1. holis

holis Well-Known Member

Do i call the CRAs or Dillards to get these removed and can they be removed. Dillards is pulling my credit off all 3 reports on average of 1-2 times a week! Is that legal? Not one of the pulls was authorized by me. Any idea why they pull so many times?!
    TIA

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Are they "PRM's" or "AR's"---IF YES...DON'T BOTHER!!! (THEY ONLY CAN HELP YOU!!!)

If they are "HARD"...call the CRA(s)

"I did not apply for any credit with DILLARDS on...

XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX
    XX/XX/XX

3. holis

holis Well-Known Member

it was an online report and i dont recall what kind they were - am getting a paper copy of reports to check on it though
    thanks for the quick reply

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Looking for dirt as an excuse to rip you off with a rate increase.

5. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

I'd still wonder what they know that necessitates their snooping that much (that seems like overkill unless they know something else is amiss)

6. too much

too much Banned

Here's a novel idea: Call Dillard's and ask them.

7. holis

holis Well-Known Member

I tend to prefer communication via the written word. Thanks for the novel idea :)

8. merlin

merlin Well-Known Member

Of course, in a situation such as yours you might find out more from speaking to someone that you would via written correspondence. You may not be in an advesarial situation yet -- there might be a simple error occuring that can easily be taken care of in one phone call.

I have found that I get all kinds of additional information as I listen to the CSR pulling up accounts. Comments like "hmm, that doesn't make sense," etc. help me to understand if there is a genuine mistake occuring, if something funny is going on, etc. Chatty CSRs can be a wealth of information.

Just a thought.

9. too much

too much Banned

Re: Re: Dillards inquiries 15 in 4 months?

Why in the world would you spend all this time wondering what's going on, when you could just pick up a phone and ask? Then, if you don't like the answer, go for the paper trail.

Sounds like you're being paranoid about this, anyway. The inquiries are probably account reviews, and are completely legitimate.

10. holis

holis Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Dillards inquiries 15 in 4 months?

Thing is- most of the time they pull from Experian - whom they are not even reporting to! Am new to this credit repair stuff and was only looking to see if anyone had been in a similar situation with another creditor. Wasnt looking to get bashed by anyone for not calling them :)

11. too much

too much Banned

Re: Re: Re: Dillards inquiries 15 in 4 months?

No one is bashing you... just suggesting that you use some common sense.

Each person's credit situation is different. No one here can tell you why Dillard's is pulling your credit report. Lenders often pull account review inquiries on customers with late payments, high balances, etc. If you have a bad history with them, that may explain it.

If you reviewed your credit report online, you can probably still go back and look at it again for free. See how the inquiries were coded. If they are account reviews, you have nothing to worry about.

12. DISPUTER

DISPUTER Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Dillards inquiries 15 in 4 months?

Even though I don't like Too Much's harsh approach, he is right. The best thing to do would be first to find out if the inquiries are hard or soft. If they are hard, call and ask why. If they are soft I wouldn't worry about them.

13. holis

holis Well-Known Member

Update- these were hard pulls - contacted CRA and all were deleted!

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

15 X 7 = 105...THAT IS SOME BIG "HIT"

700 CLUB DOWN TO 500 CLUB...SKIP THE 600 CLUB ALL-TOGETHER