Diners Club card???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with this card? I know they have a hefty annual fee.

I ask because I expect to be blackballed by AMEX for the rest of my life due to my BK.

20 years ago when I was young and got the AMEX green card, there were 3 "travel cards".
    AMEX, Diners Club and Carte Blanche. I have no idea what happened to Carte Blanche.

Thanks.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I think Diners Club bought Carte Blanche. By the way Diners Club is owned by CitiCorp.

Ron

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Blanche is once again offered by Diners.

They are an excellent CC company. Some say their Customer Service is even better than Amex'.

Saar

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks to Ron & Saar!!

Unfortunately for me, I am also on the Citi blackball list.

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks to Ron & Saar!!

Diners is part of Citigroup.

I do know that Diners is a seperate operation from Citibank's credit card operations as far marketing, employees and overall strategy.

I am not sure if Citigroup runs Diners' new customer verification. There might be a different database that is kept and if you are blackballed on Citibank cc, you may not be on the Diners database. (This is only my opinion).

Diners main headquarters is in Chicago.

Best regards,
    Sam

6. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Carte Blanche revived

Jim,
    How long you have been charge-off accounts with them? I got mine back in 89 and I got back all my Citibankcards. I think somehow my charge-off accounts came off from the blacklist, not Amex. Try to apply the Citibank Cards (Not Citibank USA cards) and if they denied you, you will be fine.
    Citibank USA is just Travelers Bank.
    Good Luck Jim.

Ron

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Carte Blanche revived

Jim,
    Take a chance like mine. I got 2 charge-off accounts with Citibank in 89 and I got approved. Now I had Two Platinium Select cards and a silver card. I think you may have a chance if your account was charge-off in 89 or 90.

Ron

9. am

am Guest

RON

Hey there
    You have two Plat Selects? Are both in your name as the main person? Just curious.......thanks!
    AnnMarie

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: RON

Yers, they are in my on own name as the primary user,not authorized user. Fortunately, somwhow my charge-off accounts came off from the blacklist but not American Express. By the way I won't make the same mistakes twice and not paying my credit cards. I learned my lessons well and you never get the same things back even your charge-off accounts came from the credit reports. It took me about ten years to rebuild my credit where the way it was. Noone told me they have a thing called internal records for keeping you to get the cards back.

Ron.

11. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Re: Diners

Citi doesn't seem to cross-reference (i.e. they won't give me a MasterCard, but I have a Diners with "no limit" and a $10k revolving line of credit attached to it!)

I love Diners - customer service is beyond great. As good as - if not sometimes better - than Amex.

I like the added bennies - primary rental car insurance, miles that can be transferred to just about any airline or hotel.

I also like them because they were willing to work with me post-BK.

Best,
    mj

12. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Ron

Thanks for the comments. MY BK was from '98. A little too recent, I think.