Diners Club

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, May 1, 2001.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I applied for Amex cards many times and they denied me because I had charge-off accounts with them about ten years ago. Well, I applied for Diners Club two weeks ago and I got approved. I received the card from the mail today and I haven't seen the card before. It is a nice looking card and it has a nice looking hologram in the back of the card. It has no pre-set credit limit like Amex. I don't believe myself that I can get Diners Club.

Ron.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hey Ron!!

What timing, I have been thinking about making my next card either Diners Club or Carte Blanche as I am sure that I am on the "immediate rejection" list with AMEX.

What kind of terms did you get with Diners Club?

annual fee?

pay off monthly? or carry a balance?

apr.? if any

grace period?

reawards?

Thanks Jim

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Diners is a great card. Acceptance isn't as good as AMEX, but it is getting better. Plus, the rewards are much better than AMEX.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Jim,
    Well, Diners Clubs is a charge account and it didn't have any pre-sert credit limit and the credit limit is based on your credit history, spending pattern, and your income. You must pay-off your balance monthly(it means you cannot carry balance over the months) like Amex. It is a charge card not a credit card like Visa, Mastercard or Discover card. The annual fee is $80 is a little bit more than Amex Gold card. You must have a good credit standing with all your Citibank accounts including Citibank, Citibank USA and the Associates. I applied for Diners Club on the we two weeks ago and they don't have any instant credit approval. They didn't call me to verify any information about phone, address etc. I called them to check back the status of the application and they told me I was approved last Week. I got my card from the mail today and on the application you cannot have any past due on any Citibank accounts. The rewards programs come with the the annual fees of the card and you don't have to pay any extra fees for the airmiles or merchandise rewards programs.

Ron.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Hey Jim,
    Don't get Carte Blanche card and it is the same as the Diners Club. The Carte Blnche card has $300 annual fees.

Ron.

6. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

OUTSTANDING! Congratulations!

7. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

WOW!

That is great! Definitely a thumbs up on your credit file!
    Good going!

AnnMarie

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: WOW!

Congrats Ron!!

Thanks for all the info guys. I think my credit has to age some more before I consider applying for Diners Club.

Carte Blanche at $300 per year - forget it.

Those 20% restaurant discounts will more than pay for the $80 fee.

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Diners is an outstanding card. Customer Service and reward programs are at least as good as Amex'.

If I ever apply for a card that carries an annual fee, Diners would be it. Congratulations!

Saar

10. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Awarded the Freddie three years in a row for the best travel rewards card.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.

Ron.

12. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Whats your credit like Ron? Any negatives, oldest account, income (if you don't mind), etc?

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Saar,
    I didn't know how good their customer services is and I keep you post it. I used to it tonight in a restaurant. I talked to the customer services and they're very nice like my other Citibankcards. Only one thing you can make on-line payment to Diners Club and you have to mail in the payment to NV address. I like my Diners Club and it doesn't like Amex cards. I don't like Carte Blanche card and it cost too much for the annual fees. Carte Blanche is accepted everywhere where the Diners Club is accepted. I think the card is special because noone has a Diners Club in my family.

Ron.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

molly,
    I think you need to have perfect credit and you cannot have any deliquency accounts or past due accounts in the past or current. My credit hsitory is currently perfect (NO negative). I applied for Diners Club card because I can't get any Amex cards. They denied me because I got charge-off acoounts with them about eleven years ago. By the way, you cannot carry balances on the Diners Clubs and the card didn't have credit limit.

Ron.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

It is strange to put the job title on the Diners Club and I haven't seen any card to put the job title on their card like Corporate Business Card. My card is personal card not Corporate Card.

Ron.