Dipute with original creditor

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Imhosed, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Imhosed

Imhosed Well-Known Member

I read this somewhere and I don't know if accurate it's accurate or not. Is it true that if you dispute a bill that appears on your credit report with an original creditor, they have to notify the credit bureaus within 10 days to make a notification on your report that the account is in dispute? If it is, and they don't, is it a violation of the FCRA? Any input on this subject will be very much appreciated.

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I have a current billing dispute with a creditor. In my letter to them I cc'd my state's attorney general and senator. Within just a few days there was a notation with all three CB's that the account was in dispute under the FCBA and all information was wiped out except "NO STATUS" now shows. It was a positive tradeline - no negatives so I was surprised at that. The FCBA I believe, simply states they cannot report "derogatory" information. Since there was no derogatory on mine I didn't expect the notation but they did it anyway to protect themselves I suppose in case I didn't pay during the course of the dispute.