Direct Merchant Bank doen't re

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Herman, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Can anybody tell me why dmb doesn't report
    to cra? I have had their titanium mc since
    feb of this yr.My credit limit is 1500.and
    no annual fee. They gave me good services
    since I recieve my card. I call them today
    asking my acct.to be reported to the cra.
    They said that the acct.has been report to all three agency since april.I have called
    the agency today. The reporting agency said
    no such acct. have been reported.Do anyone
    has this kind of expierence?

2. Hello

Hello Guest

RE: Direct Merchant Bank doen'

I also have a DMB card. When you call customers service you get different answers. One rep told me that DMB reports every 6 months. But another said monthly. I have had the card only 2 months and haven't had a chance to verify how often it's really reported.

3. Hello

Hello Guest

I spoke with them the other day becuase I just got all 3 of my credit reports a few days ago and saw no mention of Direct Merchant Bank. They tell me that they never used to report to the credit agencies and that they just started recently and they are behind. They tell me that June's should have been sent to them and it usually takes about 30 days to show on the report. I was curious as to how they can say they never reported to the credit agencies before when the reason I got this card was to help build my credit.

4. Renae

Renae Guest

I must be one of the lucky ones because DMB has been reported on my CR. It's reported monthly. I just ordered another report but haven't received it yet so I'll be able to let you know if it's on there when I receive it.

As for the comment about why they don't report when that's why you got the card--there are MANY credit cards that don't report. You are rebuilding your credit with them but they don't report it to the bureaus. I believe the American Express Optima card is one of these. So it's not unusual but it is your responsibility to ask!
    Don't assume that they do but DMB does!

5. Stormie

Stormie Guest

DMB does report to all three credit reporting agencies. If you find that your account with them is not being reported, contact each of the credit reporting agencies and have them investigate and add your account. If they contact DMB that should solve the problem with your non-reporting. I happen to have an account with them and they do report. You may also wish to call back and notify a supervisior of your situation perhaps they will remedy the problem for you. Good Luck. Keep us posted.

6. a

a Guest

Hello Renae, if you don't mind me asking, does the account show up as a secured card on your credit bureau report?

7. Renae

Renae Guest

No, it doesn't. It just shows up as Direct Merchants Bank. I don't see any indication of it being secured. I've just ordered a new report and I'll double check and let you know when I get it.

8. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

I will keep everybody inform if DMB does report my acct to all three CRA.

Thanks to everyone advices!

regard,

Herman