Direct merchants bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rolo, Oct 23, 2000.

1. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

I am thinking about about applying for theire card. does any body know if they accept not so good credit,are they a good bank. thanks

2. RITA

RITA Guest

MY CREDIT WAS HORRIBLE WHEN I APPLIED FOR IT AND I RECEIVED A $500 CREDIT LIMIT WITH A $99 DEPOSIT. NOW I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT DMB, BUT HONESTLY THEY WERE THE ONLY BANK THAT WOULD GIVE ME A CHANCE TO RE ESTABLISH CREDIT. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WAIT 15 DAYS FOR AVAILABLE CREDIT AFTER YOU'VE MADE A PAYMENT THEY SEND THEM A MONEY ORDER OR CASHIER'S CHECK. IT WILL POST ASAP.

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

DMB Gave me 2000 off the bat when i was still starting out on credit . they are an exellent bank as far as i'm conserned, they also lowered my apr and waived my over the limit and annual fees .

4. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

I have them too, and I don't mind them too badly. The 15 day hold isannoying, but my APR is decent really. I have tried sending MO's and Cashier's Checks, they still hold 15 days. They even hold electronic payments which is just ridiculous. I am hoping my past 8 months of perfect history will get me off that list soon. Also, they haven't reported to any of the CRA's, even though I was assured they would when I first brought it up with them in August. I pulled Equifax last week and still no DMB. The big plus with these guys though is that they have always kept their word, and that goes a long way in this business.

5. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Strange about this holding payment issue ! they never hold mine it's always credited on time .. no matter how i pay .. Specially with the net i think it gets credited the next day or something. I've had them for a very long time like a year and more b4 they started reporting.. but during that time i know they wheren't reporting anway they started not to long ago . now it shows up on my experian and equifax.. the bank that shows up is no longer DMB it's metris companies i think it got bought out.. I also know they don't update monthly i think it's every three months or so that;s the downside even if you pay ur balance of it takes 3 months 2 show.. while providian for example shows the balance every month. hope this helps .

6. peepers

peepers Guest

RE: Direct merchants bankHEY R

what was your cash advance limit on your 500.00 credit line with dmb?

7. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

RE: Direct merchants bankHEY R

Mine was $100 on a $500 limit. FYI

8. Killer

Killer Guest

Maybe this will clear the slight confusion. I was told these facts by a DMB rep recently.

DMB applies the 15 day hold to secured accounts. This lasts for 12 months and if the 12 month history is clean, then the policy is no longer applied. The hold is applied to all forms of payment that exceed $50.00. No hold is applied if any payment is less than $50.00.

DMB does not report new accounts to the CRA's during the first 6 months. This coupled along with the fact that DMB reports quarterly and not monthly could mean that a new account might not show until after 9 months!

Finally secured accounts can ONLY RECEIVE A LIMIT INCREASE by adding to the savings account! This applies to any secured account whether the security deposit was $49 or $99 or whatever! After maintaing the secured account, you may apply for an unsecured account if you think you qualify. Then later you can ask for a limit increase for the new account.