Direct Merchant's Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angel, Apr 6, 2000.

1. Angel

Angel Guest

I recently opened an account with Direct Merchant's Bank. After only making 2 payments, they send me a letter stating that I have had too many returned checks on this account and that I should destroy my card immediately, the account has been closed. My bank tells me that both checks have been paid. Now, DMB reps are calling my house 4 to 5 times daily at all hours. One called last night at 10:30 pm while my newborn was asleep. Any suggestions? Am I the only one?

2. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

You can do it the 'hard way' by way of letters, faxes, photocopies from the bank and such, quoting regulations, etc. etc. and have it drag out for months and months.

Or you can cut through the bullshit, the lies and the mental anguish by hiring an attorney and threatening to sue based on slander, detriment to your credit, harassment, mental anguish, etc. they'll come to terms quick enough, but be prepared to go to court, besides you have the evidence to their lies so you'll undoubtedly win.

3. Levern101

Levern101 Guest

Oh my God. Thank you for this post. I received an offer from them last week and had considered opening an account with them. But now I see that they are completely insance!

4. zigget

zigget Guest

I had this card for years & never late. BOOM my interest went up do 29%..When I asked why.. Was told because they have the right to............................

5. Shannon Ba

Shannon Ba Guest

I am hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are just one on a long list of consumers who have been terribly and grossly mistreated by Direct Merchants Bank. What happened to you is just not right and should be reported. I can only tell you now to do like they did and complain to the Consumer Affairs Office. Go to www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/direct_merchants.html and read the stories there. It will really piss you off. I would also copy the complaints, attach mine and send it to the three major credit reporting companies. This bull has to stop. Good Luck and Right is on your side. I