Direct Merchants Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Eboni, Mar 17, 2000.

1. Eboni

Eboni Guest

I recieved an offer from Direct Merchants bank today. Any have any experiences with them? How are they about increasing limits? Do they post payments promptly? Anyone have the Titanium Mastercard? Have an idea of what their requirements are? I do have a recent repo, but have several good trades including Spiegel.

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I've never had an account with Direct Merchant's Bank, but I have heard pretty good things about them. Their customer service is helpful & they are generous with credit line increases & account upgrades. Their interest rate is a little high, but with a good history of payments I'm sure they will reduce it if you ask. Hope this helps. Good luck!

3. scotty

scotty Guest

Dont get near this bank, you are better off going to fast freddie the loan shark. They hold money for weeks before posting it and hit you with late charges, and if you are late they constantly call you.

4. scotty

scotty Guest

Then they raise your rate when you arent looking and hold your money until its posted late...up to 2 weeks,after they clear your check! And then they call you 3 times a day 7 days a week!

5. BROWNIN 11

BROWNIN 11 Guest

THE PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN THE MOST ABOUT THIS CREDIT CARD YOU WILL FIND ARE EITHER BEHIND ON THEIR PAYMENT OR OVER THE CREDIT LIMIT.
    IF IT IS A SECURED CARD, THEY WILL HOLD YOUR PAYMENT FOR 2 WEEKS TO ENSURE THE FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE . REMEBER BECAUSE IT IS SECURED SHOWS THAT YOU HAVE HAD A SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE CREDIT HISTORY. CAN YOU BLAME THEM? THEY DON'T WANT TO END UP ANOTHER COMPANY BELLY UP BECAUSE PEOPLE REFUSE TO PAY THEIR ACCOUNT ON TIME. IF YOU ARE GETTING A FEE FOR THEM HOLDING YOUR PAYMENT , THAT IS TOTALLY UNFAIR . I STARTED OUT WITH A SECURED ACCOUNT WITH THEM AND NOW HAVE A 2,000 CREDIT LIMIT IN 2 YEARS.
    PROBLEM FREE NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT AND WOULD RECOMMEND THE CARD TO ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO REBUILD THER CREDIT SND MAKE A PAYMENT ON TIME.