Direct Merchants Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dsl, Aug 12, 2003.

1. dsl

dsl Member

I had this credit card for 6 years with at $12,000 credit limit at 19% I just paid it off but notice the payment is still pending since 7/29. It shows zero balance but they haven't released the dollar amount to reflect in my available credit. I won't receive a new statement until the end of the month.

Has anyone heard about this company lately. If they are going under, I'd rather close the account at my request rather than they quit me.

Thanks

dsl

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"THEY" put a "HOLD" on the payment (they gave you PROVISIONAL credit)

3. dsl

dsl Member

Learning to be credit smart............what does provision mean? I believe enough time has lasped for the check to clear.

Thanks

dsl

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Direct Merchants Bank

They are ASSUMING IT WILL BOUNCE...

Some STUPID banks do that to EVERYBODY!!!

You could send a CASHIERS CHECK and they would give you PROVISIONAL CREDIT

You could pay at a branch bank with CASH...they would give you PROVISIONAL credit...THAT CASH MAY BOUNCE!!!

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

My brother has this habit of paying his DMB account with his bonus check. So he made a payment for $4800.00 right before his billing cycle ended. His new statement has been generated and still the payment has not been added to his available credit.

He's done this in the past and he thinks it took about 3-4 weeks for DMB to finally credit his available credit line.

Best regards,
    Mirage

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THIS IS DuMB BANK AFTER ALL

7. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

I don't know your situation, but just curious - why not pay online? When I had an account with them, it would always post within 2 days.

8. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

The payment is posted online but the payment is not reflected in the credit line. I'm not sure what payment amount that triggers this 'freeze' but my brother in law has had this happened to him twice and smallest amount was $4800.00

Best regards,
    Mirage