Direct Merchants Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Phil Schum, May 30, 2000.

1. Phil Schum

Phil Schum Guest

Would anyone who is a Californai Resident who has a Direct Merchants Bank Credit Card, please contact me via email ASAP>

2. carol

carol Guest

What's up with Direct Merchants? So far I have had no problems.

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I have liked them except for the usual BS with add-on programs which you have to proactively remove from the account, and probably the worst thing of all, the fact that they have a 15 day waiting period before applying a payment to your available credit, which is a pain in the you-know-what. This applies even though I pay almost my whole balance every month and use a cashier's check from my bank. Other than that, they've been good joes.

4. renae

renae Guest

I agree and have complained to them especially about the 15-20 day hold on payments. This also applies to payments over the phone which is ridiculous! I was told that they are working on it but once you are in good standing with them for 1 year, the 15 day hold on checks will be removed. Apparently, the system they currently use cannot distinguish between payments made by checks, money orders or checks over the phone. This seems to me like it should be easy to fix and they are working on it! Otherwise, I've been pleased.
    You can have your bank fax over a letter stating that your check for payment has cleared and they will release the hold right away.