Direct Merchants Titanium

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by pweber, Apr 28, 2001.

1. pweber

pweber Member

What has been your experiences with credit line increases with this card?

2. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I requested an increase twice and was denied, then went to PlanetFeedBack. That got me a wonderful $250 increase. I also asked for the card to be unsecured, and they closed the account and opened a new one to do so...this meant my oldest trade line was closed. When I then tried to get them to report the old account as closed to the CRA, since it was showing as maxed out, they closed the NEW account instead.

I suggest that you try to get another card, rather than try to work with DMB...my experience with them was unsatisfactory.

3. pweber

pweber Member

Thank you for your response.

My card is unsecured and to date, I haven't had any problems with them posting payments or with anything related to this account, for that matter.

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I've had my card just over 2 years. Started at $1000, increases about every six months. In March, they doubled my limit from $3100 to $6200. APR is now 11.74%. But then they declined me for a line of credit.

5. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

16 mos. no problems ( I refigured and posted wrong on a different thread. Thought it was 18 mos). Unsecured, started at $900 and am now at $1500. APR is still high but I'm working on that :) It was my first credit card

6. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

JacquiG,Do you carry balance?Do you often use the card?I have a webmiles master card with DMB .Thanks.

7. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Yes, I use the card fairly regularly. I think it helped that I took it with me to DisneyWorld and burned up $2300 of my (then) $3100 limit. I usually carry a balance; sometimes I just charge my daycare fees for two weeks, then pay it off. Right now it's at $760.

8. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

JacquiG,thanks for your info.

9. jtw

jtw Well-Known Member

i had direct merchants secured card for over 1 year and a half. no increases, and no refund of sec deposit. they are hard nosed and wouldn't do anything so i closed it. if you have a subprime card with them you have nothing coming.. and they are the most inflexible credit card i have came into contact with.. even capital one conservation as they are is like a saint compared to dmb. stay away from them .. they are the worst

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I've had mine 13 months, unsecured, regular increases. They gave me a 9.9% BT at 6 months, two increases ($3,500 now), and just lowered my apr to 14.74% (I called them and asked). I requested another line increase at the same time, they said "no, we just gave you one - wait 6 months." I'm gonna know the balance down in one big payment and see if that gets it early (it did before).

I like them!!

breeze

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

know = knock

12. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Re: know = knock

From the above posts, it's obvious that you are a second-class citizen forever with DMB if you start out with their secured card....oh well, I'll just muddle along with my NextCard, BOA platinum select, Sears and since yesterday, Discover platinum, along with the two Providian accounts from a company that DID work with me and had given me CL increases and rate decreases. I wonder how many hundreds of people like me DMB has lost as customers. I gave them a chance first.

The problem is, if I hadn't found this board, I would never have known that I COULD have these prime cards now, and would still be in sub-prime hell with DMB!! Thanks to the experts here, thank you, thank you!