Direct & others.. Voice Stream???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MartysGirl, Jul 19, 2001.

1. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Do you or anyone on this board have the Skinny on Voice Steam?? How easy they are to get, who they pulled, and etc???

Thanks

MartysGirl

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

My boyfriend got me a VoiceStream phone and account back in January 2001 since I didn't dare risk it on my own. They pulled his Trans Union (hard).

But if you look on VoiceStream's site, it says that you won't be turned down because of credit, rather you'll may be offered pre-paid instead.

I love the service. The phones are compact and reliable with lots of features (Caller ID, voice message, text messaging, forwarded emails, address book, missed calls, etc. And those are standard.) First incoming minute is free.

I pay $39.95 a month for 600 anytime minutes and 2000/month nationwide minutes (long distance free).

This is the "medium" plan.

3. monterio25

monterio25 Member

I got my voicestream account in Dec '00. They pulled EX, had to pay a deposit of $100. Not to hard EX credit report not to good, 6 negs.

4. MartysGirl

BUMP

5. MartysGirl

I keep bumping this up b/c I am hoping Direct will see this and answer question also?

MartysGirl

6. direct

direct Well-Known Member

I am here...Voicestream is good where they have coverage. The key is "where they have coverage" Be sure to check their coverage maps with a fine tooth comb. In covered areas, voice quality is crystal clear and digital features are nice.

As far as credit, they are not the most stringent, but they do require deposits for people with no credit/bad credit or they may just say approved for prepaid only.

They have a very strong prepaid program but require $25 prepaid cards loaded every 30 days and $50 prepaid cards every 60 days. Time remaining from one period will carry over as long as new cards are loaded within time allowed.

7. aigle

aigle Well-Known Member

Having the first incoming minute is not free anymore as of a month ago but would continue for existing customers.