dirt on card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Howard, Apr 24, 2000.

1. Howard

Howard Guest

My credit card is dirty and I would like to

know what to use to clean it safely.

2. Customer S

Customer S Guest

RE: A tip

Hi Howard!
    Pay no attention to that smart ass above! Your question is an important one; proper credit card cleaning and maintenance is often overlooked, especially by smart asses! Here at the Bulletin Board we have a uniquely effective Credit Card Beautification Kit (as seen on TV!). This attractively packaged kit comes with all the solutions, small brushes, and super fine grit sanding paper you need to safely shine that card to a new gloss. As an added bonus weâ??ve included our patented Credit Card Wax and Polish Cloth! The hi-gloss wax shine lasts up to one year even in todayâ??s torturous credit environment. Independent laboratory tests conclusively prove the Credit Card Bulletin Boardâ??s Credit Card Beautification Kit is the finest of its kind on the market today. You get all this for the super-low price of $29.95, and you can conveniently use your major credit card. Act now and as an added bonus get our 1cm micro cotton orbital buffer, perfect for buffing out that card, or even for cleaning you ears (100 Pk. Of 1 cm micro cotton orbital buffers free for a limited time only!). Act Now! Operators are literally standing by!

3. Howard

Howard Guest

very cute about the H20,Sally.I really was
    serious about getting the dirt and grime
    off without harming the card. Thanks,for
    the info.
    Customer service,why would anyone want to
    pay that much money to clean a card?Correct
    me if I am wrong,but wont the credit card
    company just issue another card,if I can not
    get it clean? Mine did not work the other
    day at the store.They said,because of dirt.

4. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

If your magnetic strip on the back of the card has been corrupted, no amount of cleaning is going to help it. It would be best to call the card issuer, explain that your magnetic stripe has been corrupted and ask them to send you a replacement card.

In the meantime, you can still use your card. It will require the clerk to manually punch in the numbers off of the face of the card. Don't let them give you any crap about "They can't do that." Either they are too damn lazy or they don't know how. Ask to speak to the manager.